• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Disappearing provinces

• Thread starter Deleted User - 13667
  • Start date

Deleted User - 13667

Before the update to this hazy screen surrounding, I could always see my explored provinces even if the loading is slow. Now its over a minute to load just the graphics at the edges

Game version:
0.28.1954-69052f4
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Firefox 40.0.3
Flash Player version: 19.0.0.226
Operating System: WinXP home edition
Screen resolution: 1280x768
Account name: s5carrot
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: OFF

Reproducibility: 5/5 = happens always)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 95

DeletedUser3

Thanks for your report s5carrot!

Is anyone else having an issue with slow loading of provinces since the update on Tuesday?

DeletedUser277

Yes, I experience that exactly as described above. The discovered provinces take an age to load now and change to 'green'. On the positive side, the process of visiting my neighbours and pulling back out to the world map after visiting each one seems smoother now and less 'jerky' if you know what I mean.

DeletedUser

It takes ages for me to see the discovered provinces as the others have said, I know where they are as I can see the undiscovered ones that need scouting with just plain yellow/orange or whatever colour they are in between them and the green ones, but I haven't suffered from dancing hands in the green fields or crashed while visiting since the last update.

Deleted User - 13667

Ah yes. The reloading of the world map does seems a little better. But the discovered provinces at the edges are missing each time you exit a province and get back to the World.

But the entering of each battle encounter now seems slower or sometimes it simply stops loading.

DeletedUser521

Yeah..It's true as s5carrot said now there is no crashing after the update and daily visits are much more smoother and easier but only the problem is discovered provinces at the edges are appearing blurred and they load faster only when they are centered eachtime.

Deleted User - 13667

Still waiting for the graphics at the explored edges to be shown. It just loads slowly every single time you enter a province for visits.

xyz12330301

Adventurer
I am having much slower map loads. Also, when it renders cities are missing. Green space is there but no name or city image. I tried this in Chrome and Edge. I cleared cache and tried turning hardware acceleration on and off.

Deleted User - 13667

The slow loading of explored maps have been around since update 0.28. Could be dated even earlier .

A fix would be good.

Clearing the cache, even clearing the history including cookies and all, does not help at all.
Or perhaps a better method to visit can be made?

Attachments

• 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm now at the point where I can only visit the few people I have left on my map to the south of my village and I've tried absolutely everything, Hardware Acceleration on and off, clearing the cache, reloading over and over again.

My map looks like the one s5carrot shows above, or i have big black patches where the orange and/or green have completely disappeared, or I can see the village names on the map but as soon as I move the map the names disappear and I can't get into any of them, or if I can manage to get into a village I can visit properly but then the loading bar never finishes and I can't get out.

I have 5 active neighbours and I've managed to visit 2 tonight.

A big thing is made of visiting our neighbours, but I have less than half the number I had as the inactives are being deleted and now I can't visit the few I have left.

Deleted User - 13667

Mine does load after a minute or so. But yes, it is bad. odd patches all over

DeletedUser1316

Hi guys -

It looks like some of you are still experiencing these issues, but I have not been able to reproduce the issue just yet.

Are each of you experiencing this right after logging in and going to the map?
Is your city graphic quality on high or low? If on high, try putting it on low and refreshing to see if you still get issues.
Have you tried a different browser(s)?

Just trying to get some answers to try to identify the problem. Thank you all for your help!

- Aider

EDIT: I have not seen any replies or reports of this issue any longer. I will be marking not able to reproduce. Should you encounter the problem again, please reply and I will move the thread back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

My settings have been on low all this while.

It is still the same though.

DeletedUser

Just so that you know, it is now the month of May and this is STILL occurring. Over the past few weeks my provinces names on the green patches have completely disappeared as well, and no ability to enter them. It is as if those particular players have left and disbanded from the game all together. And perhaps that is the case, But if so the game needs to fix it so a bot or something takes it's place maybe.
I have a HUGE map area and so have left ALOT of players. Thank you please fix

Deleted User - 13667

Still the thread is marked here... as unable to be reproduced in the Merry Month of May

DeletedUser

Hi guys -

It looks like some of you are still experiencing these issues, but I have not been able to reproduce the issue just yet.

Are each of you experiencing this right after logging in and going to the map?
Is your city graphic quality on high or low? If on high, try putting it on low and refreshing to see if you still get issues.
Have you tried a different browser(s)?

Just trying to get some answers to try to identify the problem. Thank you all for your help!

- Aider

EDIT: I have not seen any replies or reports of this issue any longer. I will be marking not able to reproduce. Should you encounter the problem again, please reply and I will move the thread back.

DeletedUser

Just so that you know, it is now the month of May and this is STILL occurring. Over the past few weeks my provinces names on the green patches have completely disappeared as well, and no ability to enter them. It is as if those particular players have left and disbanded from the game all together.
Thank you please fix