• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Diamond Incentives

Would you play more if you got a daily reward?

• Yes

Votes: 49 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser21

Despite the fact that I am a daily player myself and the implementation of a daily reward like this wouldn't have too much of an impact on me logging in,
I do believe that this could act as a potential incentive to encourage other players to log in daily. However it is also worth considering whether or not diamonds are the correct reward to offer here, as some would say that they would become too easy to obtain.

DeletedUser48

Most if not all other games i play/played offer the paid resources as a reward. it's never a huge amount just something to keep players interested.

DeletedUser23

None of the games I play do that; they offer non-premium rewards usually. And 50 diamonds a week would be too many anyway.

Personally I believe that the need to log on every 1/3/9 hours to collect and restart productions etc is enough incentive. FoE recently added in a type of daily log in - treasure hunt thing - which was largely seen as pointless and more of a pain than anything by the people I knew. I didn't really care for it; was free currency but a pain to keep on top of it.

DeletedUser47

I think it would be nice if there were some element of a random reward in the game. Whether it should be a daily thing or a chance of a special drop from completing a battle or province, it would be nice if once in a while positive things happened unexpectedly. Would keep my interest more, I think.

DeletedUser23

I think it would be nice if there were some element of a random reward in the game. Whether it should be a daily thing or a chance of a special drop from completing a battle or province, it would be nice if once in a while positive things happened unexpectedly. Would keep my interest more, I think.

Yeah a form a random reward would be interesting. I'm sure eventually we'll have a system like FoE's great buildings where you can get a blueprint every time you help a neighbour etc. I'd back something like that.

DeletedUser35

other browser games i played had log in rewards, and they even gave away a bit of cash shop currency, it wasnt much but with time you could buy a couple of things from the shop which was nice imho

DeletedUser14

I personally would like a daily incentive.

FoE recently added in a type of daily log in - treasure hunt thing - which was largely seen as pointless and more of a pain than anything by the people I knew.

IDbjpspwU4I-sIv2lIUEj3mmoZz9U5yXPEO2OKRo5qveM_BlFM5FfSuxbtawMDBIEmmySNSucEwNNj-o2vqT8lQm6SBY3n66LvxaxCHiVy3HXUShbOI-XN_NHKPHeiJDnt55Xys
But somewhat different from FoE's. As that for me it's kinda of a pain and the rewards are so small that like Sheepski pointed out it's more annoying than an incentive.:confused:

I don’t agree with a premium daily incentive per se. That would bring 2 kind of situations in my view:
1- players would start considering that as mandatory and if for any reason Inno decided to change the rewards players would start complaining about it as if it was their right to get those premium amounts everyday. :eek:

However it is also worth considering whether or not diamonds are the correct reward to offer here, as some would say that they would become too easy to obtain.

2 - As pointed out by Hippo a premium daily reward would make diamonds lose a bit of their value. What I mean is: if you will get them every day/ every week, without any action, just for the fact you get logged in, they would became just a part of your collecting items instead of being a premium currency. :rolleyes:

I think it would be nice if there were some element of a random reward in the game

However I would like to see a random reward system for being an active player :D
Some ideas come to mind...
  • A "pick one of the trees" pop up window for example, where you could have behind each tree supplies, coins and goods. That could be placed in the HUB next to the premium button for example, and you could use it once a day.
  • Or maybe a 5 choice roulette where an Archer would throw an arrow randomly to a chest ( each could have for example supplies, goods, coins, troops and premium) A bit like the wishing well on Foe. With this you could indeed get premium but it would be so random that everytime you would get them it would be a nice surprise instead of a "here came my deserved diamonds for login in" :D

PS- I will not vote, only because I cannot give a yes or no answer :D It largelly depends on the daily reward system.

DeletedUser48

None of the games I play do that; they offer non-premium rewards usually. And 50 diamonds a week would be too many anyway.

Personally I believe that the need to log on every 1/3/9 hours to collect and restart productions etc is enough incentive. FoE recently added in a type of daily log in - treasure hunt thing - which was largely seen as pointless and more of a pain than anything by the people I knew. I didn't really care for it; was free currency but a pain to keep on top of it.

yeah 50 is prob too much but still it's a rough guide tbf.

DeletedUser

I dislike daily reward systems. The game should be good enough that I come back every day. Not get me into it with a gimmicky mechanic.

Worse even are the ones that require you to come back consecutive days. They then punish you for not returning to the game. With goods buildings that have an option for 2 days and the supplies buildings allowing you 1 day production this game is set up to allow you to build slowly. There should not be a reason to deincentivise this play style further for players.

DeletedUser

I voted yes,but I'm not so sure if is a good idea,anyway i log every day several times so will not have a big impact for me,but will be nice to get every day log in a 10% construction speed and for consecutive logs to incresease the value,15%/20% etc..,cuz my neighbors are few actives and they motivate always wrong,i have my request at city name but for nothing :(

DeletedUser

It is a yes from me, however I'm not a daily player. And I won't recommend diamonds rewards as well, it will make the game so easy. But other things like tools or coins, or even special things like a package of random rewards.

DeletedUser1124

I think that the immediate content of the game is free and that I can do as much, or as little as I wish without suffering consequences and without having to pay for things is a HUGE bonus for this game. If you have time, then you could build the biggest and best city without having to pay real money, and this is just incredible.
I am just enjoying the fact that this game has allowed me to have an interest in my real daily life as I suffer from quite bad health, and this game is a door to a "coping mechanism" for me.
;)

DeletedUser

I dislike daily reward systems. The game should be good enough that I come back every day. Not get me into it with a gimmicky mechanic.

Worse even are the ones that require you to come back consecutive days. They then punish you for not returning to the game. With goods buildings that have an option for 2 days and the supplies buildings allowing you 1 day production this game is set up to allow you to build slowly. There should not be a reason to deincentivise this play style further for players.
I completely agree with this argumentation. Daily rewards are often really just there to coax players into playing regularly and encourage addiction.

HOWEVER! I still voted yes. Now here's why:

Daily rewards could be something everyone receives in form of a random prize once every 23 hours. To use one of the more traditional examples:
  • A prize wheel that is spun and the player receives a random amount of resources (according to the chapter one is in) or perhaps a production boost on the next goods/supplies production for a set number of buildings for example.
This does indeed benefit those who are more active in a sense, however that is the case with all features in this game (and has no affect other than how fast you progress through the game). There is no real penalty for being less active. Would this be an idea on how a daily reward system could work?

Deleted User - 13667

Perhaps a x number of consecutive daily login to provide a tiny bit of diamonds (5-10 is more than enough)?

Just an idea. I fully agree that the daily reward is gimmicky to encourage login. It does not mean a player win, developer lose situation. Besides, it adds a little extra flavor with no penalities.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if it should be a reward system but there should definitely be a way to get diamonds without having to pay real money for them.
As long as the game requires diamonds for some items, there should be a way to get them in the game. I don't mind what way they make it but I do mind that I don't have access to all the elements of the game without paying with real money. My view is that they would make as much money by making it possible to trade goods, gold or resources for diamonds as they do now without the trade system. The pay to play players would get what they need to progress quicker and the free to play players would get a reward for their constant play. As you might guess, I'm a FPP and I would really like to get access to some diamonds to buy the buildings that are not accessible now. I don't mind working for them but I will certainly not buy an access to them.

DeletedUser195

I do believe that this will come, sooner or later. Still a fairly new game. And from what I see, a successful game at that. So that is why I truly think that InnoGames one day, do not know when, will institute some type of reward system, may or may not include diamonds though.

I have 4 cities in Elvenar, I spent for diamonds my first month of play, mid March. Nothing else since then. InnoGames is not worried about the money part. There are HUNDREDS, THOUSANDS, that play, and have just started, that are spending money here. This is from what I see from the four fellowships I am in and my travels around the world map, mind you. New players and older players, want that beautiful decoration to put in their city. It may give the extra culture that only comes from diamonds or the population you get from using diamonds, but they will get it, no matter the cost. And most have never been in the forum or know how to get to it.

They (InnoGames) collect from diamond sales, put in bank, collect the interest (might want to call it a traders fee). Can you say Ka-.Ching. Look at the cities near the top, notice how much some of them have spent. So yes, a reward and hopefully a few diamonds once or twice a month, is due to all that play in the many Worlds of Elvenar. Hopefully sometime this year. (Hint, hint InnoGames) They may be putting the final touches on some things before implementing this system.