• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Design an Event

Sir Derf

Adept
Mouth, meet money.

What do you like? What do you hate?

Grand Prizes, Daily prizes, fillers.

How would you give them away per click, per day, over the whole event?

Sir Derf

Adept
Mouth, meet money.

How many events of what type would you hold over the year? What kinds?

What would you vary, what would stay the same?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf Looking forward to the Feedback on these questions.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Deleted User - 341074

One of the first questions each player must ask themselves is

"Should rewards and quests be geared towards things a city normally does only faster/more, or should they be 'out of the way' tasks that you wouldn't normally do?"

E.g. "Produce 5 baskets of groceries" Most cities have 5+ workshops, and most players set 9h groceries when they go to sleep, so this is something they were going to do anyway.
E.g2 "Upgrade 4 buildings to level 6 or higher" Unless they have recently unlocked a new building upgrade in the tech tree this is probably not something they were planning on doing so the player must go out of their way to do it now.

Personally, I'd like to see either a mix or better yet alternating events. Some easy "would complete most through normal play" with ok rewards, and other, harder ones with better rewards.

Deleted User - 341074

They do???? i thought most set the 1 day so when they come home from work the next evening its done
You have a better access to the developers than I do, ask them if "most players" set everything to 24h.
I can guarantee you that anyone past mid game does not (since it's not even an option in higher level manufactures)
And with mobile, I highly doubt that once a day players are the majority.

Gargon667

Mentor
You have a better access to the developers than I do, ask them if "most players" set everything to 24h.
I can guarantee you that anyone past mid game does not (since it's not even an option in higher level manufactures)
And with mobile, I highly doubt that once a day players are the majority.

If I look at how slow my neighbours progress through chapters I think the 24h would be more common than the 3-5 productions per day model. There must be a reason why they do 1 or 2 chapters per year lol. If you run 5 productions a day you cant possibly play that few chapters.

Deleted User - 341074

There must be a reason why they do 1 or 2 chapters per year lol.
I don't think your neighbors are completing events then either lol.
I mean if you did all 500(?) quests per year you'd complete more than 1 chapter by accident.