• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Daylight Savings Time!!

m4rt1n

Adept
For the first time ever in my 7+ years here the tournament started today at 17:00 GMT/UTC.
In the past it always started at 18:00 UK, 19:00 German local time and moved accordingly with Daylight Savings adjustments, so things are changing @Herodite could you find out please. :)

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I know that spire time differs between daylight savings and winter time, as in winter time it ends at 22:00 for me (CET) and during daylight savings it ends at 23:00 (CEST). However, tournament has always ended at 22:00, regardless of daylight savings or not. Now I just logged in to do my tourney rounds at 21:21 and it seems there is no tournament anymore? Is Inno messing with the times again? Has it ended early?
Maybe I should ask the devs in the designated section “why can’t we ever count on spire/tourney to end when we expect them to end?” :(
I only have short moments to login to fix my city stuff in between feeding my newborn, changing diapers and trying to get some sleep as well. Would be nice if I could count on Inno to do things at a regular -known- time…

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
As far as I'm aware... because the times are set for both Tournament and Spire, it would stand to reason that they would start 1hr Early and finish 1hr Early. I don't believe the team have ever amended the times with DST in mind to keep them consistent but I of course will ask the question!

I shall be back! :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Well last couple years, tourney ending times never changed with the change in daylight savings… It has always been 22:00, regardless of summer/winter. So this seems really weird to me. It was always only spire that ended at a different hour.

Anyway, thanks for asking! I’m curious for the answer :)

m4rt1n

Adept
The tournament has until this year always moved with the time zone change to finish at 9pm UK time except today when it finished at 8pm UK time.

Took me by surprise also @Herodite :)

Edit: I see I noticed at the start of the tourney and asked above, but somehow forgot until tonight. :eek:

SkyRider99

Mentor
I only have short moments to login to fix my city stuff in between feeding my newborn, changing diapers and trying to get some sleep as well.
Those of us with children know exactly what you mean mate. It is a wonderful time, in that one can sometimes 'wonder' how we will survive. :p

Best wishes, and good to hear that sleep is now on your list of 'things-to-do'. ;)

McBratty

Enchanter
I know that spire time differs between daylight savings and winter time, as in winter time it ends at 22:00 for me (CET) and during daylight savings it ends at 23:00 (CEST). However, tournament has always ended at 22:00, regardless of daylight savings or not. Now I just logged in to do my tourney rounds at 21:21 and it seems there is no tournament anymore? Is Inno messing with the times again? Has it ended early?
Maybe I should ask the devs in the designated section “why can’t we ever count on spire/tourney to end when we expect them to end?” :(
I only have short moments to login to fix my city stuff in between feeding my newborn, changing diapers and trying to get some sleep as well. Would be nice if I could count on Inno to do things at a regular -known- time…
Congratulations on the new arrival Nymph! x