• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Daylight Savings Time!!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

For those of you outside of Europe, we observed that wonderful tradition of Daylight Savings and put the Clocks back 1 Hour!!

This simply allows us to huddle under our quilts an hour earlier than normal and gain an extra hour in bed :D

But from hereon in remember that Elvenar will operate at Central European Time (CET) as a base :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Care to enlighten us as to why the change Herodite?

m4rt1n

Adept
It has affected the game event daily gift of 35 things, that would come 1 hour before the daily up until the clock change now I wait a few minutes to see if it comes with the daily quest unlock or is missing, will report back shortly.

m4rt1n

Adept
It has affected the game event daily gift of 35 things, that would come 1 hour before the daily up until the clock change now I wait a few minutes to see if it comes with the daily quest unlock or is missing, will report back shortly.

The daily gift came with the new quest, so Inno must have 2 clocks running making it even more confusing for players @Herodite
@Silmaril o_O

SkyRider99

Immortal
In Oz our Queensland cousins still refuse to use daylight savings. They claim that the extra hour of daylight will fade their curtains, and upset cows at milking time. o_O

If that says anything at all about the mentality of the State of Queensland, then I am simply unable to comment. :cool:

1698627619786.png

P.S.
To be fair, a large portion Of Queensland occupies tropical zones.

m4rt1n

Adept
In Oz our Queensland cousins still refuse to use daylight savings. They claim that the extra hour of daylight will fade their curtains, and upset cows at milking time. o_O

If that says anything at all about the mentality of the State of Queensland, then I am simply unable to comment. :cool:

View attachment 8032

P.S.
To be fair, a large portion Of Queensland occupies tropical zones.

Man made time zones are for human mammals, my dog still asked for his food and walk at yesterdays time here in the Northern Hemisphere, the main reason the UK keeps it these days is so the kids can walk to school and back in Daylight, However that is still problematic north of Birmingham in Late Nov-Jan. In Scotland impossible unless they reduce the hours to 4 from the current 6.

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Hey guys, I am not sure if this helps broaden this subject, as I am aware many parts of the world do not have this time change occur @SCI0N but wikipedia covers the rationale nicely for this here for the Bristish origins and here for Europe.
Thanks, I am aware of Britains rationale I got the hang of it at some point after many years of ignoring it.

Jake65

Sage
I struggle to get my head around the concept of daylight saving time.
I imagine people wearing a wrist calendar to check the date before looking at their wristwatch to check the time :D

McBratty

Enchanter
Sodding daylight savings time. Where I live we dont have it so when I factor in the time difference between me and Germany then this daylight savings it means I have to wait till Midday my time before I can collect all my decaying goods.
However we dont have any cows so I cant blame them lol