• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dawn of the Phoenix

Jake65

Sage
I was reminded that I never got around to posting this RNG oddity on the forum:

In my baby city I don't really do the events, because there is no point. On this one I'd literally completed one quest before I'm stopped due to not having workshops. Anyway, since then I've been collecting my daily bonus, etc. The other day I took my handful of event currency to try my luck. I opened the 129 chest 4 times and won 500 SE 4 times. This seems virtually like winning the National Lottery. A chance of 0.000625%, I think.

On balance, I would rather have won the lottery though.
May the IRL RNG also smile upon you :D

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I was reminded that I never got around to posting this RNG oddity on the forum:

In my baby city I don't really do the events, because there is no point. On this one I'd literally completed one quest before I'm stopped due to not having workshops. Anyway, since then I've been collecting my daily bonus, etc. The other day I took my handful of event currency to try my luck. I opened the 129 chest 4 times and won 500 SE 4 times. This seems virtually like winning the National Lottery. A chance of 0.000625%, I think.

On balance, I would rather have won the lottery though.

Wow, that's great! It gives me some hope. :)
I got 500 sky essence and need to win at least 500 more to get my final artifact so I'm going full risk and choosing chests with highest possible additional currency. You never know, miracles do happen. :D

Sir Derf

Adept
So, I finally started opening chests, and I'm sorry that this feedback is soooooo late, but...

While your background graphic is, as always, very nice, the whiteness of the sky as background to the text in the upper corners (the total currency count and the current League level) makes it very hard to read the text.

Killiak

Artisan
Wow @Pauly7
Congrats to you! I am going to come up short, unless that kind of miracle happens to me. I fear I must hope for an FA to provide the one rune I will be missing....

OldHag

Necromancer
It'a another boo hiss from me, like the previous event, I only got 8 artefacts.

Pauly7

Magus
Wow @Pauly7
Congrats to you! I am going to come up short, unless that kind of miracle happens to me. I fear I must hope for an FA to provide the one rune I will be missing....
If it is any consolation for anyone who I stole all the luck from... in this small city it is all fairly meaningless to me. I would have had a total of about 800 event currency, which now got inflated to 2,800. I don't want to build anything, even if I won it. In my main city I didn't hit that 500 bonus a single time. I have just scraped getting the 8th artefact and have no chance at a 9th.

Alcaro

Necromancer
it's the first event where I decided to spend my preciousssss diamonds. I got the 2nd base and 1 extra artifact but pretty much that's it. Getting extra currencies from the chests, for me was pure gambling and I lost most times (every time when wanting the 500 or 150).

Pauly7

Magus
My one was the forbidden ruins event where I spent 1000s of diamonds to get in the gold league and get a double set... Now I look at it thinking that I want to delete the extra set because the whole agglomeration looks a bit of a mess.

I must say it again: if I can't end this event at least on silver level - without spending money for that -, it really takes my motivation away... No matter how active or lucky you are - at the end matters only how much money you're willing to spend. And that doesn't feel right.

Jake65

Sage
This event has certainly panned out differently to the previous one.
Got my Echoes maxed but couldn't reach the avatar. I was in gold until the last two days when I dropped to silver.
This time around I got the Twilight maxed and a new Phoenix face avatar but am about to drop to bronze.
Perhaps there's less correlation between one's league position and reward progress than I thought.

Sir Derf

Adept
@strider-lauri , I think you have an unrealistic motivation level. Silver League represents the top 5% of Feather earners. Even if we ignore money spenders, , I believe RNG is more in control of who is in the top 5% than your chest-picking strategy. Between whether you are offered more beneficial chests more often and whether you get bonus SE more often, the RNG is more in control of non-spending top league positions.

@Jake65 No, there's a perfect correlation between one's league position and reward progress... the problem from your point of view is that there are people getting further along in reward progress than you, and that some of those people are getting further than you did after you did.

FYI, I play on F-world, and am currently just under Bronze. I focused on Dailies, so there is that to consider...

At least they should give us chance to give our best - to earn silver (or gold) by using brains, instead of purse. That's my point.

Alcaro

Necromancer
At least they should give us chance to give our best - to earn silver (or gold) by using brains, instead of purse. That's my point.
We should be realistic. Inno GmbH is a company and companies must earn money. The vast majority is playing for free, a little percent is paying for some advantages and they should have those advantages. Since they pay and this let me play for free, I would say it's a fair trade. Beside that, we can use our brain in other aspects of the game and earn diamonds instead of buying them.

I agree with You about diamonds because now there is a choice - whether I buy diamonds or get them another way -, which we haven't back then, when I started to play Elvenar. There should be something like that in events too. Either way there is always people, who doesn't have patience and who keep spending their money - to get quicker and easier everything they want.

Sir Derf

Adept
Why so hot for Gold or Silver League, or even Bronze? Some KP, some Royal Restorations, a Carting Library or Ferris Galore, and maybe 1-2 more artifacts? Oh, it's the portrait, isn't it...

Me personally, I don't see the attraction. What is it that you are upset at not getting?

Jake65

Sage
No, there's a perfect correlation between one's league position and reward progress
Actually, rethinking it, you're right. Homer Simpson moment....
For me, main focus is getting the building to level 10. Everything along the way is icing on the cake.
Although I do like my Phoenix head :)

Honestly it's not matter of prizes for me - and definetly not portrait. :D It's more like matter of principle - I just like to see how far I can go, without money. But since they locked tasks and I could resolve only one per day, I've had to witness only my falling backwords - no matter how good I were before or how many eggs I collected around my city... Most important - this game must be fun but when they literally working against it, it isn't fun anymore. If You understand what I'm trying to say here.

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
I think a "free" player will always be stuck in a position in side activities that a paying player can pass by purchasing event currency or, for example, badges for the FA. A paying player would most likely see this as fair, they are paying after all.
Normal game play though is much more even. In the tournament your score limit is set by discovered provinces regardless of whether you play for free or spend real money.