• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Cyclable Quests

Jixel

Spellcaster
You've hit the nail on the head with how you cycle through quests. It's what I do and it's what everyone, to my knowledge, does. ...

For what it's worth - I have a pretty well-developed city on EN1 (plus a few others on different servers/worlds), and I haven't done quest cycling for well over a year - can't be bothered, and my city is reasonably balanced so that it doesn't depend on them.
I'm probably not the only one ...

DeletedUser2215

I have not used those quests cycles as well. The only one used is the game one.

DeletedUser414

I'm feeling inspired...by annoyance. With my schedule it's fairly common to arrive home to a town full of 9 hour productions. Let's say that both the Adventure and the Tournament are also on and my Helping is off it's cooldown (not necessarily a rare situation to be in).

The two Adventure Quests mean that i'll cycle through both once to get back to the one that i grind (if i happen to finish both during collecting). Add to that the repeatable Quest for Relics that i can finish while clearing Tournament sectors (can't really say how many times i could cycle through that) and the basic Supply gathering Quest that i can grind while Helping (at least 3 times). Then due to the Tournament i could do the KP spending quest let's say 2-3 times. Then the Tier 2 Goods Quest- 4 times. Tier 1 Goods Quest- 5 times.

Now look at how Helping and Quest cycling works on the PC and tell me that this isn't nonsense. I'm honestly thinking about either taking a break from the game entirely or leaving my Guild to just dump KP into my AW until i see a patch landing that revamps these features such that they're actually NOT-unpleasant to interact with. And this is coming from someone who, while being employed full-time, doesn't have too many obligations outside work. If this wasn't the case then this nonsense would have stopped being accepted LONG ago.

Please feel free to not tell me that i don't have to take advantage of the additional income from these Quests ;) I can put the Goods and KP (that i can turn the Supplies and Coin into) to very good use.

Don't get me wrong- for a browser offering of it's kind the game is great (art team- great job). That's why i'm here- i'd like to continue playing and being a part of the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2437

I think the major issue here is that many of these repeatable quest are actually quite frustrating when trying to repeat them several times in a row. This is particularly noticeable in Fellowship Adventure repeatable quests.
As a solution I would suggest a change in how the game handles the completion of a quest into two categories:
Any quest that is declined retains the current behavior and rotates to the next quest in sequence, no changes here.
Any quest that is completed successfully provides its reward and then RESETS that same quest to be completed again. This would mean that anyone who completes multiple copies of the same quest could do so much easier without making things significantly harder for players who complete several different quest one after another. This would mean players would have to click through each quest rotation at most only a single time per sitting.

DeletedUser2215

I think the major issue here is that many of these repeatable quest are actually quite frustrating when trying to repeat them several times in a row. This is particularly noticeable in Fellowship Adventure repeatable quests.
As a solution I would suggest a change in how the game handles the completion of a quest into two categories:
Any quest that is declined retains the current behavior and rotates to the next quest in sequence, no changes here.
Any quest that is completed successfully provides its reward and then RESETS that same quest to be completed again. This would mean that anyone who completes multiple copies of the same quest could do so much easier without making things significantly harder for players who complete several different quest one after another. This would mean players would have to click through each quest rotation at most only a single time per sitting.
I would agree totally as I am in same situ. Do I keeep on producing in the hope of using them. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kimelve

Spellcaster
I completely agree, and have mentioned this in feedback to them previously. Naturally, they ignore it.

DeletedUser414

I have faith in it at least improving somewhat eventually. For now i just stopped interacting with the repeatable Quests.

DeletedUser1829

The problem with this and some of the above suggestions is it changes the mechanic of the current system. They are using the same decline system for FA quests as for other quests. Same with the decline message. Trouble is some of these quests are removed permanently so a reset option wont work there and the decline message is appropriate for those quests.

The pure and simple bottom line is they have to overhaul the quest system and make it modern and functional (so no drop down boxes). Whether or not they finally remove repeatable quests at that time is up to them but they are somewhat linked issues.