• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Communication Cut/Paste Functionality for Messages and Chat

Aegnaer

Seeker
Previously there was a short workaround to get Cut/Paste working but after all of the recent upgrades this no longer seems to work. Thus, any chance of getting this standard functionality working again? It is frustrating when members share links to useful information and there is no way to copy the link to your browser. In addition in the recent FA we were using messages to share production details and again you were having to retype information all of the time so most people just gave up!

cwgiii

Shaman
The workaround does not work quite the way it used to, but it still can be better than typing a link by hand. A tip that I use is to copy , as before. Unfortunately, the copy is no longer selective but copies the entire post. Then I paste into a word processor where copy/paste works as expected. This is not ideal, but does prevent typos, at least.

Pauly7

Magus
If we're talking about the same work around then mine works exactly as it did before... which does copy the whole post.

You can copy paste to your heart's content in Discord :)

cwgiii

Shaman
In the past, I used to be able to copy a selected portion of a particular post (like just the link address for a wanted website). Not so easy as before, but doable.