• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Current units per squad

Spartus

Adventurer
How do i increase the current units per squad, is it only through progressing down the technology tree?, i only ask because i have just built the pyramid of purification

Spartus

Adventurer
Ty MinervaOz again for info, it just seems atm that the fighting side of the game is heavily one sided, ive got as far as constructs and still cant fight above level 10 in the tournament because the units against me are so vast, i dont seem to have advanced at all in my ability to fight and suceed in probably the last 5 chapters of the tech tree

MinervaOz

Enchanter
Your squad size as it appears in your army camp is irrelevant in the tournament and Spire; it only applies to world map province fights. The ratio of your squad size to enemy squad size in the tourney and Spire is fixed and you can't do anything to change it. In the tournament your squad size starts at 8 times the enemy, is roughly equivalent by province 10 in round 1, and by province 30 in round 1 the enemy's squad size is twice yours.

By the 2nd half of Chapter 15 all your troops will be 3 star, which is the maximum level of enemy troops you see in both tourney and Spire. You have mostly 3 star troops already. Enemy troops in the tourney are 1 and 2 star for most (perhaps all) of the first 10 provinces. In other words, these battles should be quite easy to win. Do you have military AWs at a fairly high (or even moderate) level? Are you using booster buildings? Fire phoenix?

Spartus

Adventurer
Hi, thanks for your swift reply, atm my AWs for fighting are roughly level 7s. I haven't used fire phoenix yet, still building up the artifacts. Nope haven't used any booster buildings yet I was saving them for when I'm a higher level, I don't have many. Atm in the tourney I fight to level 10/11 and negotiate up to 15. In the spire I fight level 1 and negotiate all the high halls levels and stop there atm otherwise it's too costly to reach the top

SkyRider99

Immortal
Atm in the tourney I fight to level 10/11 and negotiate up to 15. In the spire I fight level 1 and negotiate all the high halls levels and stop there atm otherwise it's too costly to reach the top
Have courage @Spartus. I am Chapter 20 with many squad researches completed. The better you get, the harder the enemy troops get. I am in the same situation as yourself when it comes to tournament and spire.

I even have a few 4-star troops. Guess what happened to the enemy troops when I researched 4-star troops? Yep. They got stronger too!! :(

@MinervaOz sums it up nicely:

Enemy troops in the tourney are 1 and 2 star for most (perhaps all) of the first 10 provinces. In other words, these battles should be quite easy to win.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I haven't seen 4-star troops in the tournament, or heard they were being introduced, only in world map provinces. But I'm only in Ch 19. Your own troops start getting their 4th stars from Ch 18. At least up to the point where I am, and in the first 80 provinces (which is as far as I've got to date) enemy troops don't get stronger and battles don't get harder as a result of progressing in the game.

To get back to @Spartus's issue: the bottom line is, you can't bring more troops to the battle so you have to increase their strength once they're outnumbered. One of each (current) booster building should be enough to get you through provinces 10-15 or beyond, particularly in the easier ones (Marble and Steel). Optimise your chances of crafting them by making sure you see every recipe rotation in the MA (use sips of clarity to get it on a schedule that's convenient for you) and never have a building still being crafted when the recipes change.

Killiak

Artisan
Hi, thanks for your swift reply, atm my AWs for fighting are roughly level 7s. I haven't used fire phoenix yet, still building up the artifacts. Nope haven't used any booster buildings yet I was saving them for when I'm a higher level, I don't have many. Atm in the tourney I fight to level 10/11 and negotiate up to 15. In the spire I fight level 1 and negotiate all the high halls levels and stop there atm otherwise it's too costly to reach the top

You need far better Ancient Wonders for fighting. Upgrade Sanctuary and Dragon Abbey, then also look at things like Needles / Bulwark / Shrooms, together with a bunch of armouries. Got to train more troops, so you can afford to lose more.