• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Construction boost choice

DeletedUser57

[Summary] - The idea is to be able to choose on what building upgrade you want to use your contstruction boosts.

[Details] - At the moment whenever you get a construction boost gained by neighbourly help, you are not able to really choose when to use it.

So my idea is to have some kind of way to be able to pick what building you want to upgrade using the construction boost. I was thinking it might be nice to do this by simply leaving some kind of checkbox on the upgrade screen.

I know there may be some people who will say: But Elmo! You are able to choose what to use it on simply by choosing what building you upgrade next! To you people I say: How about buildings like manufactories or workshops? You are likely not to upgrade them when they're still producing something. Thus you may choose to upgrade another building first - a building with a way shorter construction time. Thus you might waste your boost by doing so.

[Reasons for implementing] - Mainly for one simple reason: I don't see why not? And of course convenience.

DeletedUser248

To you people I say: How about buildings like manufactories or workshops? You are likely not to upgrade them when they're still producing something. Thus you may choose to upgrade another building first - a building with a way shorter construction time. Thus you might waste your boost by doing so.

Totally took what I was going to write out of my mouth! Hehe. I like the idea though, Elmo! ;)

DeletedUser126

I have been given construction boosts in the last few days that I would have preferred to save for something that would take more time than what was immediately needed. This choice to use on a specific building would have saved the boost for something bigger and more time consuming. +1 for me.

DeletedUser297

In FOE, players can pick manufacturers, residences, production, or culture to motivate/polish for boosting coins, happiness, or product. Seems that this could be done for Elvanar in a way that would make 'help' more useful.

DeletedUser

In FOE, players can pick manufacturers, residences, production, or culture to motivate/polish for boosting coins, happiness, or product. Seems that this could be done for Elvanar in a way that would make 'help' more useful.

This isn't FOE or any other game, why insist on making it exactly like other games you play? whats the point in playing them then if they are all clones because at that point if you've played one you have played them all. There should be a rule actually that no one can argue that a change should be implemented on this game just because it is implemented on another game :rolleyes:

DeletedUser297

I don't want it the same as other games. Never said I did! Just offering a suggestion for the queries by other players.

DeletedUser

I don't want it the same as other games. Never said I did! Just offering a suggestion for the queries by other players.

If you don't want it the same as other games then why cite other games as examples? my point was saying "This is how it works on XXXX so it is how it should work on here too" is a redundant argument akin to saying to Saga "well Mario collects coins so why can't Sonic?"

DeletedUser

Just offering a suggestion for the queries by other players.

Wow. Excuse me.

By definition were my replies not a response by another player? like you can't get all "well excuse me" just because the reply you get isn't the reply you were hoping for. I was very succinct and polite in my replies as to why this shouldn't be implemented so offer me the same courtesy and tell me why I am wrong rather than getting your knickers in a bunch just because I disagree with you.

DeletedUser3

Dear all,

Please keep in mind two things:

1) first and foremost this is the Ideas section, not the discussion section. Please keep your posts relevant to the idea in the original post. Discussing other ideas or game features should be done in another thread.
2) please remember that our rules say the following:
Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite.

Any further off-topic posts, that do not directly address the idea in the original post will be deleted. Thank you for your co-operation in keeping this community harmonious :)

DeletedUser

Think Elmo is on to something here. I like this Elmo it could help big time!

DeletedUser281

"well Mario collects coins so why can't Sonic?"

Sonic collects rings to live.

I too think that it would be nice to allow a player to choose where to apply their construction bonuses. Players may not realize that the upgrade/construction time for one building may be drastically less than another. This could easily be implemented by utilizing a pop-up screen like when a player uses premium.

Deleted User - 13667

Just saw this topic.

Excellent idea to give players the option whether they want to use the construction boost, if they received it. More freedom of choice!

DeletedUser

+1 from me as well, even if the OP is nearly three months old.

In regards to gameplay this would be an enhancement that actually adds a bit to the strategy part of this game. Don't see any issues with it other than the obligatory "the game gets easier that way". However more control for the player to efficiently use boosts adds to the games complexity in my opinion. That's a good thing.

DeletedUser

I would like to be able to choose when to use any builders boosts I have from neighbourly help, rather than sometimes have to choose between either using the boost on a small build or upgrade or disrupting my building schedule to use the boost on a big build.
This could be done with a "use boost" button on any build or upgrade screen (greyed out if no boost available), and does not appear hard to implement.
I can't see how it would effect any other aspect of gameplay

DeletedUser219

This was suggested here, resurrected once, and faded out again. I think it would have the support of most players, but they have other things on their minds. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Thanks Horanda, I obviously didn't look hard enough before posting. I think that there are a few more things, that most would like, that we are going to have to wait for, maybe forever

DeletedUser1316

This was suggested here, resurrected once, and faded out again. I think it would have the support of most players, but they have other things on their minds. :rolleyes:

You're awesome! Thank you, Horanda!

I will simply merge the two threads together. :)