• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Confirmation on placing an expansion

DeletedUser

[Summary]: Confirmation needed before placing an expansion.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Yes

[Details]: Before placing an expansion a confirmation box should appear asking " is this really the place where you want to place your expansion ? "

[Reasons for Implementing]: When a confirmation is needed to place an expansion, this would prevent expansions placed on a wrong spot by accident. *

* Some may argue this should also be done for buildings, however I do not agree with that. A building can be placed on another spot of the available grid - if enough room is available -, the placing of an expansion is final and cannot be undone.

[Balance]:
It will have no impact on other game features.

[Visual Aids]:
none

DeletedUser

As long as there is an option to disable the function, then yes.

damon

Adventurer
If by accident or otherwise I think there should be 1 chance to place it in place that you intended

DeletedUser

The other option would be to make expansions movable. I would actually prefer this.
When you get later through your city development and all of your buildings, etc are changing sizes, then it's a lot easier to me able to move your available space around to make the best use of it.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't like to see expansions being movable... Unless the only way to do so is by an expensive spell from the Magic Academy.

DeletedUser1295

The other option would be to make expansions movable. I would actually prefer this.
When you get later through your city development and all of your buildings, etc are changing sizes, then it's a lot easier to me able to move your available space around to make the best use of it.

With expansions being such a basic and embedded part of the game, I very much doubt it will ever be feasible for the devs to make them movable. I thought there was a definite answer on this on Elvenar Beta, but couldn't find it there... Perhaps I read it somewhere on the FoE forum, where no doubt the same question was asked.