• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Completion Reward for Spire.

Pauly7

Magus
The main reward is the 275 diamonds. Is that not enough? Granted your team have to be up there with you as well. If not, you have the chest with the possibility of a DA or genie, but that is just added fluff really. The power of the Spire of Eternity is the team rewards. Make sure everyone gets up there and you are rewarded very handsomely indeed.

Jake65

Sage
The main reward is the 275 diamonds. Is that not enough? Granted your team have to be up there with you as well. If not, you have the chest with the possibility of a DA or genie, but that is just added fluff really. The power of the Spire of Eternity is the team rewards. Make sure everyone gets up there and you are rewarded very handsomely indeed.
I hear what you're saying, but I think for individual players in a less powerful fellowship there's not much incentive to push to the top. Max we have ever managed was the 880 point dot during this last FA.
No matter how much I pray to RNGesus, when I do get to the top, most of the time I get paltry profit.
So I seldom go to the top unless my added points would push the total to the next dot rewards for those above the line.
If there was a 'guaranteed' reward worth the cost I might top out more often.
But I'm sure we'll get gold one day, just takes a long time for everyone to grow their cities.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I think that the current prizes are worth it comparing to the tourney but I wouldn't say no to more. :D
It's the players that get to the top and aren't part of gold spire fellowship that are short changed. I've been there done that and once I joined more performing fellowship it did make a big difference.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
No matter how much I pray to RNGesus, when I do get to the top, most of the time I get paltry profit.
Same here - I think that its a bit of a slap in the face especially as its also a reward from the blue mystery chest - it undermines the whole achievement of completing the spire.
Yes - the genie is a great reward and well worth it, the portal profit isn't - the rewards should be more representative and equal in value. With respect to the fellowship rewards they are great but even though my fellowship is very active we only achieve gold 1 week in every 4.

Pauly7

Magus
You have to think of the Spire as a team event. Prizes are rubbish individually, but it's the best thing in the game for the team.

By the way, if everyone had the idea that they wouldn't go to the top unless everyone else does... no one would get up there and no one would get gold.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I hear what you're saying, but I think for individual players in a less powerful fellowship there's not much incentive to push to the top. Max we have ever managed was the 880 point dot during this last FA.
So I seldom go to the top unless my added points would push the total to the next dot rewards for those above the line.
If there was a 'guaranteed' reward worth the cost I might top out more often.
But I'm sure we'll get gold one day, just takes a long time for everyone to grow their cities.
The spire is already the best rewarding part of the game.
It's not about the crappy prizes you get but the accumulation of the great ones.

And yest the spire is a lot less amazing without the team reward. but it's also a team event not a single one.

It hasnt much to do with the "power" of the fellowship but how like minded the fellowship is.
Even if you triple the prizes those that do not care will not proceed in the spire.
The only ones that would benefit are those that already reach the top.

The best and only way is to find a fellowship that has the same idea in playstyle as yourself if your current fellowship is unable to conform to your wishes. it's easier to find a fellowship that laready has gold or is close to it and potential to become a perma gold fellowship with your help than to change the minds of your current fellows.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
So many people stop climbing because of what their teammates are doing and then blame the teammates. It’s like a chicken or the egg problem. If you want to be in a Gold FS, you should climb regardless of what other people are doing. They key is to be able to budget your resources to be able to do it weekly for the diamonds, as others have said. Unless you get in the habit of doing it weekly, you won’t really know how much more troops or goods you need to produce and get your city in shape for it. Then you end up complaining it’s too expensive, etc. Once you are able to climb sustainably, you can peace out and find like-minded players who value those 275 diamonds when a Gold Spire FS has an opening. Since they nerfed the MA, the Spire is the best source of free diamonds. Very much worth it! It’s how you get a premium city without spending a dime.

Jake65

Sage
The original post has gone a bit off track, sorry @Ramases , my fault.
Nobody is "blaming" anyone, I do believe though that it is highly unlikely that many chapter 3 or 4 cities could top the spire.
It would be nice, as the OP puts it, to have a reward for reaching the top so that the 'stronger' players do get a decent reward for their efforts. This is specifically thinking about players who choose to stay in a non-275 diamond fellowship because fellows come before diamonds.
It is obviously a choice but there's no harm in wanting a decent prize at the top for those that make this choice.
It could be a declinable prize so the 275 fellowships can pass on it :)

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Nobody is "blaming" anyone
Ask the players not doing the Spire why they aren't climbing. A good majority of the ones I talk to say it's because their teammates are slackers and so they don't climb either because "what's the point". I always find this answer curiously amusing as they are doing exactly the same thing as their teammates, which is sitting around not climbing, yet it's their teammates that is the cause of why that purple bar isn't moving further.

The second most common answer is "the rewards aren't worth it", which is tied to the purpose of this thread. Besides diamonds, the Spire is the best source of Time Instants. Time Instants + Brown Bear/Simia = FREE TROOPS! When using Time Instants with a Brow Bear feed, you also need Supply Windfalls at hand, also plentifully acquired from Spire. I mean, I've not heard anyone complain they have too many troops. Coin rains from Spire can be fed back to catering the Spire. Elvenar is a city building/resource management game. If you know how to make most of your resources, the Spire kinda pays for itself and then some (free :diamond:diamonds:diamond:!).

I do believe though that it is highly unlikely that many chapter 3 or 4 cities could top the spire.
Very possible! They just need guidance and good attitude. I've taken in many small cities, some are completely new to the game, and taught them how to climb. As long as they're willing to learn and have enthusiasm for Spire (and free :diamond:diamonds:diamond:), I can work with that. It makes recruiting easier to be able to cast the net wider. Let's face it, the game does not give mages very useful tools when it comes to recruiting for Spire candidates! I have 14 fellows in my FS in chap 7 & under, with 11 of them joining us from chap 3 or earlier. They can all summit by chap 3. The best part is if you get them early and set them on the right path, then they'll be able to climb in subsequent chapters because they would have learned the basics of budgeting for it. Teaching early chapter players to climb is also far easier and faster than teaching late chapter players to climb. It can be done, but it's like making U-turns in a tanker ship. Everything takes longer as late chapter cities are less nimble. Smaller cities are easier to break in to be Spire ready and they grow to be very productive medium cities :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yeah the game of chicken is also a pain in the #$!$!@ but once they get over that hurdle quite often it goed from 900 to 1400 points. once gold is reached everyone seems to go to the top.

The perk in that sense is a nice addition as it can create that jump so people follow and any excess is returned into the perk making is aviable again the week after to do the same again

Pauly7

Magus
The original post has gone a bit off track, sorry @Ramases , my fault.
I don't think this post is off track at all. The OP was saying that Spire rewards are not good enough and people have explained why that is not true at all.

Nobody is "blaming" anyone, I do believe though that it is highly unlikely that many chapter 3 or 4 cities could top the spire.
There is no reason not to at all. The only thing to stop people is their general inexperience in the game by that point, but so long as they are getting some guidance and support then it can be much easier to reach the top of the Spire in chapter 3, than at some later chapters.