• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered COMBAT HINTS

DeletedUser

Maybe someone can step forward with some good hints??.......I am trying to learn to play the game, and think I am doing well but combat is getting really tough and maybe I am missing somethoing here. I started out and was pleased with my sword dancers victories. Piece of cake. Things got tougher and I added archers and battles got easy again. Now thiefs and such are scarce and have been replaced with treants, cannoners, golems, sorceresses, steinlings and necromancers. I am actually afraid of what is beyond thhses guys. I have tried to do things right ...barracks level 5 soon 6 and four level four armorys. But the sllooww build of the troops and lack of high level attack values worry me. Maybe treants for me soon will help. ANY hints here to keep from getting all five squads wioed out frequently?

DeletedUser23

Combat does get difficult, it's too overtuned right now.

DeletedUser

COME ON NOW.....no hints....pionts in the right direction?

DeletedUser

Auto-fight is fine. I struggle with fighting with out it, lol But..any formulas for squad mix? directions, north south etc for easier road.s to victory, but I understand if not. Combat is tough

DeletedUser23

Closer the province is to your city the easier it'll be.

When auto-fighting I tend to have 2 melee and 3 ranged, or 1 melee, 3 ranged and 1 tank squads.

I've also noticed that if you're up against a lot of ranged units then they'll rip melee's apart so I might have 4 ranged and 1 tank squad.

If you suddenly get defeated massively in a new province it's likely you've hit the invisible wall where you need a squad size increase/new unit/unit promotion to get past.

DeletedUser57

Found this lovely post on the beta forums of elvenar:

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/

I myself am still having trouble fighting encounters however, seems like it's a bit unbalanced. Either that or I am just progressing too fast. Hoping golem's will make it a fair bit easier to progress.

Will just give you this bit of extra advice: It seems like right now the crystal region's are the easiest one's to fight. (especially with treants)

DeletedUser275

"I myself am still having trouble fighting encounters however, seems like it's a bit unbalanced. Either that or I am just progressing too fast. Hoping golem's will make it a fair bit easier to progress."

I am also having a great deal of trouble fighting. I started in the game by negotiating everything and now I am like 5-6 provinces out in all directions it's too expensive to keep negotiating and I have to learn to fight but now the enemies are formidable and it's hard to learn how. I'm hoping the golems will help too. I always seem to get defeated on auto-fight. :-(