• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Collect Coins quest disappeared

DeletedUser403

I am not sure if this a bug or a planned change and I missed it - so I will post here first ..... but I no longer have a quest to collect coins

This is in my world on Winyandor, I am in the Ascending magic section of the tech, having completed Advanced Scouts and completed Superior Main Hall, my quests have reduced to just 9 in the series and collect coins is not one of them.

Is this planned, if so, sorry I missed it or is it a bug.

Many thanks

W x

Deleted User - 50840

Yes, its planned, that one and others will disappear for a time, but will reappear after a certain point (I think its after the Sup residences research and its accompanying quest) . Just complete your main questline as fast as possible untill you see them again.

DeletedUser277

Yes Wylie, Duke is right it will come back, with a larger amount of coins to be collected, but a higher reward too :)

Deleted User - 50840

with a larger amount of coins to be collected, but a higher reward too
Unfortunately the ratio of reward versus coins/goods/supplys collected decreases for each chapter you advance. For ex. the gain coins quest in Chapter IV is gain 120K for a reward of 7K supplys giving you a reward ratio of 17.15 : 1 (Meaning you need to collect 17.15 coins to get 1 supply as reward) and in Chapter V it is gain 170K coins for 9K supplys giving you a ratio of 18.89 : 1. It is similar for all the "gain" quests.

It makes it a very debatable question whether you should advance your main quest or not... For ex. If you can complete the gain coins, gain supplys, gain all three collect x amount of tier 1, 2 and 3 goods and maybe the gain x goods quest in a 3 hour period, but not if you go to the next level of those quests... Should you then advance your main quest or freeze it by not completing the main quest?

DeletedUser277

Unfortunately the ratio of reward versus coins/goods/supplys collected decreases for each chapter you advance.
Yes, I am aware of that, although I hadn't done the calculations, so thanks for that. But surely the point is that, assuming you are growing your city as you advance into the higher tech chapters, it is simply easier to generate coins and so, using looping, I am pretty sure I can gain far more supplies (the quest reward) in any given unit of time in Chapter V than I could in Chapters I-IV. Therefore, although you are right with the declining reward ratios, its doesn't FEEL less generous at the higher tech level.

I understand your point also that if you simply don't advance in the main story quest line, you can grow your city and coin generation capacity whilst still retaining the better reward ratios of the lower tech chapters. However, I like to participate in the main story quest, its an intrinsic part of the game for me and well worth sacrificing a small reward ratio.

DeletedUser462

Yet another player, by the nickname of krugerr, was so confused about the disappearance of the quest that decided to report it as a bug.

And I cannot really blame him. It's not a technical bug but if there was such a thing as a "game design bug" then it must have something in common with this case.

Let me explain myself. My Research Tree progress has stopped in the end of Chapter II. The "Advanced Scouts" research and Chapter III will have to both wait. Reasons?
  • The first one is that I will no longer get the extra 4500 Supplies from the "Taxes" quest (requires me to gain 50000 Coins) and my perfectly timed Coins collecting will have a zero value for the effort.
  • Next in the list is the "Supplies Supply Security" quest which requires me to gain 2000 Supplies for the reward of 45000 Coins. As soon as I enter Chapter III and this quest will require 5000 Supplies (150% more) for the reward of 50000 (~11% more) Coins. Back in Chapter II I can complete that very same quest at least twice with so much Supplies to get 100% more Coins.
  • The quest "Be Prepared", which requires to train 30 units for the reward of 15000 Coins, will transform into "Always Be Prepared!", which requires to train 100 units (~233% more) for the reward of 10000 Coins and 1500 Supplies.
  • And then there are all the other quests for Goods and fighting that also disappear, as a bonus.

I really feel like Elvenar is not saluting me for entering Chapter III. Instead, it's trying to punish me really hard for my achievement. I feel like I did something wrong because tomorrow I'll be in a worse position than I was yesterday. Or, I will not spend any Knowledge Points until there's literally nothing else for me to do except to unlock "Advanced Scouts", forced to watch the glowing animation for a full KP bar in the meanwhile.

I'll just end this by saying that I cannot agree that the game's core design should make someone feel like that for whatever reason. I'll be glad to have a smoother transition...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 50840

@ Rexxagor You can continue your research tree progress without any reason to worry, all the way to Chapter 6 at least. All you need to do is STOP doing the main quest line when it says "research advanced scouts". NOT completing that quest will keep your repeatable quests at their current level. So keep researching :)

DeletedUser462

I'm probably missing something - how can I continue Research Tree's progress without completing "Advanced Scouts"? The research is alone on its row so it looks like I need it unlocked to continue to any other research from the new Chapter. You mean not to click on the quest icon when the green tick appears? Which is kinda risky since that could be very annoying... and it would be still a workaround method. However I'm open to anything that would help me avoid my quests extreme transformation though.

Example:
yXkgBUK.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 50840

completing "Advanced Scouts"
Its the main story quest called "Research advanced scouts"

you mean not to click on the quest icon when the green tick appears
Basically yes... You can select the quest but DO NOT click on finish. And you will get used to having the green tick next to your main quest giver's portrait.

and it would be still a workaround method
Any legal method usable to keep the game the way you LIKE to play it, is in my book not a workaround, but a necessity.

Keep in mind that the devs DID NOT intend the quests to be repeated so many times in a row and has in fact REMOVED the ability to decline many in a row on the beta server (for about a week... the outcry was HUGE) before restoring it.

DeletedUser491

Thank you Rexxagor for directing me here.

I think the difference in research trees is the issue. There is no need to make them different. Since there is no PVP aspect, the game should be balanced, and the effect of race is purely aesthetic.

As it stands, I as a Human am penalised for entering the 3rd age, and completing my quests as I go. An Elf has the ability to continue using the RQ's, and I do not. Assuming only hourly KP is gained, thats 609KP after Scouts until I complete the Residence research (Neglecting the Expansions!), thats 25.375 days that the Elvish scum have a lead on RQ's.

DeletedUser403

I completed superior residences this morning, I have upgraded 3 properties, my main quest line has advanced to build 1 monster fountain and 2 lords of legends and the coin quest has still not made an appearance in my RQ series - I also completed all the new quests that appeared, just in case that made a difference.

I have a self sufficient city, but I like the little extra KP/Goods I can acquire by cycling through the quests.

I didn't notice it disappear in my Elven city because I do not believe it disappeared - so why has it in the human city?

When will I get it back?

DeletedUser491

This! ^^

Im now at the same quest stage, and have a lot of suprior residences now. I cannot work out why I do not have the Tax Collector quest.

DeletedUser3

Hey Wylie! If you would like us to check out your quest line to make sure all is as it should be, please submit a ticket to support. You can find out how to submit a ticket in this thread (click).