• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Coins/Suplies not updating after culture polishes

DeletedUser

Game version: __ 0.31.2735-v0.31.1-(master) (2015-12-17 10:42)
Game world: __Winyandor
Browser + version: __ Firefox 43.0.1
Flash Player version: __ 20.0.0.235

Operating System: __ Windows 7
Screen resolution: __ 1920 x 1080
Account name: __ VeryWicked
Humans or Elves: __ Elf
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Reproducibility: __ 5/5 = happens always, as far as I can tell

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__When the culture bonus for producing supplies and coins increases due to neighbourly help for my flying boats or whispering trees, the rate of production for coins does not increase for quite a while, sometimes not until I collect the coins, and sometimes not AFTER I collect the coins. More exactly, what is shown is the holding capacity of the residence, but this is a function of the production rate. For instance, a lvl 7 residence should hold 5780 coins at 170%, but after a boost from 160 to 170 % recently, then capacity was still at 5440 for some time, even after two collections
I can't tell as exactly for supplies as I am finding it difficult to calculate what the rates for them should be for the various percentage bonuses, and I'm not about to abort production to try and figure this out.
__

Expected situation:
__Production bonus should be available immediately after polish, at least for coins after I collect them
__

Reproduction Steps
__hold pointer over a residence
2. __look at the coin capacity
3. __compare with what it should be for the current residence level and production bonus
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
Don't know how to take a screenshot of something that would require me to do so while holding the pointer on a residence. Don't know how else to show what rate the residence capacity currently is

DeletedUser815

Dear VeryWicked,

Thank you for reporting your issue here. I would like you to test it again for me please, but this time I want you to refresh your browser tab thats running the game AFTER your culture bonus has changed and BEFORE you collect your coins. Please let me know of your result?
Don't know how to take a screenshot of something that would require me to do so while holding the pointer on a residence. Don't know how else to show what rate the residence capacity currently is
The handy guide on taking a screenshot(click) will hopefully help you to take a screenshot without having to use a secondary program:)

DeletedUser

Well, it looks like Avatrix was quicker than I to respond - but I would also like to add that I can confirm this issue occurring on Chrome for quite some time as well. Refreshing the browser has always fixed the issue, however sometimes I'm too late to realise my culture has gone up and I lose a few resources because of it.

Game version: 0.31.2735-v0.31.1-(master) (2015-12-17 10:42)
Game world: Winyandor
Browser + version: Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 (64-bit Linux)
Flash Player version: 20.0.0.228 (embedded)
Operating System: Linux Mint 17.2 Xfce 64-bit
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080; 1440 x 900
Account name: Valerius
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: OFF

On second thought: I'm not actually certain I lose the resources - but I do know that when collecting coins the wrong amount is displayed. Will have to do the maths next time to be sure.

DeletedUser

Dear VeryWicked,

Thank you for reporting your issue here. I would like you to test it again for me please, but this time I want you to refresh your browser tab thats running the game AFTER your culture bonus has changed and BEFORE you collect your coins. Please let me know of your result?
:)

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks

DeletedUser815

Thank you @VeryWicked and @Valerius,

This is really not a bug, merely a matter of slow "talking" between player and server.:) The server does not talk to every player every second or split second. If the server were to do that then no one will be able to play the game due to an overloaded server which will cause VERY slow response times for every player. What can be done in situations such as mentiond in the above bug report is a "server push". That is simply an action to force the game running on a players computer and server to "talk" to each other. Examples of a "server push" is opening the world map or the notifications screen. A refresh of the game is of course the very best way:)

A good suggestion is to always refesh when your culture bonus changes.

DeletedUser

Thanks for clarifying Avatrix. :)

One question remains outstanding though, as I've not been able to confirm it from my side yet: Do we actually lose the bonus resources if we fail to refresh the game after a culture boost, or do we just see incorrect graphics upon collection while the resources are tallied correctly?