• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Coin Rains

Pauly7

Magus
Just as a matter of interest, am I the only person playing the game who likes Coin Rains?

I have finished (more or less) opening chests for this event and I am disappointed to realise that in the whole month I must have picked up no more than 4 or 5 of them. Admittedly I haven't gone after the chests that give the best chance of getting them, but in most previous events without even thinking about it you would end up with 30 or 40 of them.

I have a considerable KP buying habit and I burn through lots of Coin Rains that way. I don't often have the stockpile that others report and I have never disenchanted one. I have a Ferris Wheel which is constantly making just 5% Coin Rains, but that's kind of like peeing into the wind as it would take all of 40 days to produce the equivalent of just 1 x 100% rain. A few times I've even crafted them, though that seems like an awful waste of my Combining Catalysts.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. All of the people can't be pleased all of the time, as everyone says. I also know I'm in a very small minority. I just wondered if anyone else has the same thoughts on it as me as I've never before heard another player say that they like Coin Rains.

Timneh

Artisan
In my inventory i currently have 149 coin rains and i doubt i will use them. Unlike you i do not have a KP buying habit so i get enough coins from residences and NH to more than fulfill my needs. Pity we can't donate them to other players, i would send you some lol.

dbrad000

Alchemist
I love Coin Rains, because (as @Pauly7 noted) Coin Rains equal Knowledge Points (KP). I feel that the end game in Elvenar is all about leveling Ancient Wonders, and Coin Rains aid that end game process. My Fellowship runs multiple Ancient Wonder KP exchange threads, and it takes 65 KP to take all the exchanges. Put simply, Coin Rains let us make more exchanges. My Fellowship is a 10 Tournament Chest Fellowship; the Ancient Wonder KP instants come flooding in following a tournament, but the additional KP purchased via Coin Rains allows us to take more exchanges and boost our Ancient Wonders even further.

Deleted User - 1759805

Just as a matter of interest, am I the only person playing the game who likes Coin Rains?
Yes, you're the only person who likes coin rains ;) Every time you get a coin rain, you're not getting something else, which is arguably a better deal almost all the time.

If you like KPs for AWs, you're better off focusing on KP and KP instants. If you buy KPs all the time, your KP costs are high, and you can get more if you spin for KPs/AWKPs directly instead of indirectly via coin rains.

m4rt1n

Adept
I buy a lot of kp and use coin rains to do so.
My kp costs go up insignificantly now, 500 per kp when each one costs 1.5million. :)

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Coin rain... grrrrrrrrr :mad:

alsael

Enchanter
Trying to see the useful in ...everything.Coin rains can give you instant cash when needed,you can disenchant them,you can buy kp for events,not waiting from your houses.:rolleyes:

Pauly7

Magus
Every time you get a coin rain, you're not getting something else, which is arguably a better deal almost all the time.
I would argue otherwise. I would prefer a coin rain any day of the week to a free rune shard. At this point I have a hundred or more spare for most AWs. I would also prefer them to supplies instants because I have 200 or so of those that I'm not getting through. I would also prefer them to relics, and any of the regular spells aside from MM.

It all depends how you are set up and how you play the game.
If you like KPs for AWs, you're better off focusing on KP and KP instants. If you buy KPs all the time, your KP costs are high, and you can get more if you spin for KPs/AWKPs directly instead of indirectly via coin rains.
Yes you can focus on those things and I do that in addition to spending coins on KPs.

The thing that many people do agree with me on is that as you advance through the game your ability to produce coins increases faster than your ability to buy KP. Whilst it is unfortunate that I have a KP cost of 1.5m like @m4rt1n, it also doesn't make any sense to avoid buying them because of that cost increase. The advancement in my game that those extra 3,000KP has meant far outweighs the problem of the current cost, in my humble opinion.

Killiak

Artisan
I barely use my residences for coin, and never use coin rains. Yet I get enough to keep buying KP, swiftly approaching 1.3m now :p

Deleted User - 1759805

I would argue otherwise. I would prefer a coin rain any day of the week to a free rune shard. At this point I have a hundred or more spare for most AWs. I would also prefer them to supplies instants because I have 200 or so of those that I'm not getting through. I would also prefer them to relics, and any of the regular spells aside from MM.
Well, that's why I said "most of the time". I agree, a single random rune shard is pretty useless, but supply instants are close to coin rains in usefulness (which is not much ;) ). You have more options on getting coins in a pinch (NH) when you do with supplies, and it can also be disenchanted. But you can't buy KPs with supplies.

Relics are not really an alternative as we don't get those from chests. Regular spells are good for disenchanting, but most active tournament players will get plenty of those anyway.

I am not arguing against buying KPs with coins - not at all. And truly free coin rains - that would be great. But my point is in the event getting coin rain has an opportunity cost, and I almost always prefer the other options. With the exception of rune shards. Coins are just so plentiful. I don't know about you, but I am leaving a lot of coins on the table every day by not completing full sweeps of residences and NH. If you're diligent in picking all the free coins all the time - good for you, then coin instants are the next best thing. Until then, it is more efficient to focus on maxing the free coins. Those really cost you nothing except time - but hey, this is Elvenar, wasting time is what it does ;)

DeletedUser8921

I get a 10% coin rain every 48 hours from my fire phoenix. I think I used one of them once for something other than disenchanting to get fragments for quests. I likely will use some in the future. But overall, coin rains are not a favorite. I'd rather have a supply windfall, but I realize I'm an unusual case in that regard. I don't have ways to get supply windfalls other than crafting, outside of events, while I do for the coin rain.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I’ve got 5 builders and I do appreciate Coin Rains during the building spurt (and I appreciate Supply Windfall even more). Be it some expensive guest race buildings (Canals anyone?) or simply loads of residences ... They are also useful when a quest asks for buying 30 KPs. However, in between these occurrences I often produce excess coins from natural sources anyway and spend them on KPs.

My personal conclusion: Coin Rain does have its uses and I’m glad this instant is present in the game. But I’m not thrilled when I win it in an event, because they drop very (too?) often.

Thanks @Pauly7 for reminding me about the possibility of buying KPs with Coin Rains. I’m just at about 500k, so it’s pretty safe for me to go a lot higher. :kp: At the moment I’m tech locked, though. :rolleyes:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Coin rains are better than a slap around the face with a wet fish, but not by much :D

I'll take them over nothing, but most other prizes are preferred, even a 15 min time booster. This is because my KP buying habit has gone much further than anyone else here and I generate surplus coins anyway under normal circumstances (i.e. apart from a phase of expensive upgrades).

The difference between coin and supply instants for me is that if I am away from the game for a few days my houses are full and I don't need coin instants. Supplies, however, don't accumulate on their own, and I need a supply instant or 2 to kick things off again.