• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

CLONE

Cheryn

Bard
Wouldn't it be marvelous if we could just "clone" a building we needed another one of? No having to start from a tiny level 1, no having to give up population or culture or even a builder. Just clone another workshop; with all consideration given that you do have space for it once cloned. Or, clone another residence and have that instant population you need. Ah, clone an armory, a manufactory, or even a culture item out of build list. Of course not all things could be cloneable. Wonders could not, along with your barracks, training grounds, your main hall, or anything that you are limited to one on. Clones should also be limited on the the things you don't NEED another one of, like moonstone librarys that everyone moans about because they have too many spell fragments. OOOHH! Spell fragments should be cloneable and KPs in your upper tool bar, and supply storages and money (all within reason, of course). It would require fine tuning, naturally. But I COULD certainly DEAL with IT! Whatever it was. How about a simple cloning spell that we could craft? :::dreaming about clones now::: ;):rolleyes::):D:p

Julian

Sorcerer
Sounds great!

Realistically, though, the process of cloning would effectively require you to spend the cost of multiple upgrades all in one go. It might easily require greater than 100% coins or supplies, which would be impossible for you to pay. And the build time would be in hundreds of hours.

The alternative argument is that a clone would be much cheaper to make than the original. That would allow for much faster progression, so I doubt INNO would like it.

Having a very rare clone instant, now that wouldn't unbalance the game and could be a great reward. Perhaps having it for opening Map 3 on the FA. But I think there would have to be a ban on cloning evolving building. Otherwise, we'd start getting rather a lot of fire phoenix clones!

Gargon667

Mentor
I like the idea as a rare special :)

Of course it partially exists already: The clone for WS is a Magic WS, the clone for a house is a magic house...
but I wouldn´t mind others. like a Magic Armory, Magic Factory etc. Not necessarily premium buildings, could also just be a very rare reward (or both). Like a 5% chance from the spire boss etc...