• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Already Suggested [City] moving buildings /map coordinates/messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

in forge of enemies when moving your buildings around you can click on the first building move it to where you want it and the building that is already there will switch places and you can then move the second building. here you have to have a clear spot open before you can insert the building.
you should have coordinates on the map to be able to search for other players towns.
when being the archmage you should be able to post hints and pointers that stay available to the whole guild at all times. I have to keep posting the same pointers and tips etc. over and over. also that new members can look up when they are added to the guild. now the posts on the messages disappear after 100. and in the e-mails they only go to existing members.

DeletedUser

Hi demonica. There are similar suggestions to these issues currently posted as suggestions, here and here. Perhaps you'd also like to mention your ideas in those threads.

DeletedUser814

Hello demonica1199,

Thank you for taking the time to post your ideas and suggestions to improve Elvenar! I believe that Slotharingia has correctly directed you to a suggestion for a Fellowship Forum, which would act as a solution to you having to re-send various hints, tips and guides every time a new fellow joins you. Please feel free to add any additional thoughts that you may have on this suggestion here (click).

It also appears that the ability to swap buildings with each other has also been suggested. You're more than welcome to add anything additional that you might like to add here (click).

However, I don't believe that the idea to have coordinates added to the World Map to make it easier to find other players has been suggested thus far.
If this is something you would like the community to discuss then it would be much appreciated if you could use the template which can be found here (click) and if you could create a new thread, as we can only forward single ideas to the developers for consideration. :)

DeletedUser

you should have coordinates on the map to be able to search for other players towns
You can find somebody's town by clicking on Visit in the Global Roster, your Fellowship Roster, the Notification Log, or by clicking directly on the world map. The blue arrow that points BACK to your city, once you drag the screen just a bit, is actually a VERY good solution that allows you to build a bridge to that particular neighbor, once you find the edge of your own territory.

If you look on the world map, the three relic sectors immediate below your own city determine your boosts.
  • southwest
  • southeast
  • double southeast (which is always identical to north)
  • the sequence is always
    Gems, Silk, Planks, Magic Dust, Scrolls, Steel, Elixir, Crystal, Marble (and then it repeats)
    so your city will get one of the nine unique triples.
  • Your nearby neighbors, on the same row, will each have a DIFFERENT triple.
9Bar.jpg

If you slide up and down the 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock diagonal, you'll find that YOUR boosts repeat in every third row. That's GREAT if you're trying to run up your boosts, but what you REALLY need to be doing is discovering your neighbors who have DIFFERENT boosts, so that you'll be able to trade without that nasty 50% markup, and THOSE neighbors will be to the left and right of your boost triple.

Coordinates get hairy in a real hurry, on a hexagonal map. We have a flat-topped q odd map layout.
If you THINK you're an alpha geek, test your mettle at http://www.redblobgames.com/grids/hexagons/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1316

Hi guys -

As the OP has not been back to update their first post with the correct format(considering it contains two duplicate ideas), I will be moving this thread to archives as Incomplete.

If the OP returns and would like to update their post, please message me via the forum or contact support and mark it as 'forum'.

A list of the previously suggested ideas links can be found in Madena's link(s) below:

Hello demonica1199,

Thank you for taking the time to post your ideas and suggestions to improve Elvenar! I believe that Slotharingia has correctly directed you to a suggestion for a Fellowship Forum, which would act as a solution to you having to re-send various hints, tips and guides every time a new fellow joins you. Please feel free to add any additional thoughts that you may have on this suggestion here (click).

It also appears that the ability to swap buildings with each other has also been suggested. You're more than welcome to add anything additional that you might like to add here (click).

However, I don't believe that the idea to have coordinates added to the World Map to make it easier to find other players has been suggested thus far.
If this is something you would like the community to discuss then it would be much appreciated if you could use the template which can be found here (click) and if you could create a new thread, as we can only forward single ideas to the developers for consideration. :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.