• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Hall and Scouting

DeletedUser409

I appreciate that this is a game where the basic principle is simple resource gather and upgrade, but I am about to run into a dilemma that will effect my enjoyment of the game. My scouting costs are about to reach the point where I am forced to upgrade my city hall... but I don't really want to as I don't like the look of the upgraded Town Hall. This may seem silly, but different players get enjoyment from different aspects of the game and my enjoyment comes from city aesthetics. I can still complete all of the research tree costs with the amount the Town Hall can hold, but the whole dynamic of province expansion will be shut off to me UNLESS I upgrade. What I'm really asking is does anyone know of a compromise solution that I'm missing ?

Many Thanks

DeletedUser409

mmm... thank you for your reply but I do feel you may have slightly missed my point. While the blurb advertising this game states "In the fantasy online game Elvenar, almost every building can be upgraded and visually changed multiple times to increase productivity, becoming ever more beautiful in the process."; but to continue collecting relics after a certain stage you MUST upgrade your Town Hall (and supporting buildings to enable the upgrade), and this has the effect on your city design that it becomes a bit like Ford cars... You can have any colour as long as it's black, but to me personally I feel this makes the game a bit one dimensional, a problem easily solved with something like an optional extra building that can hold additional reserves of cash and supplies... and then players could be as creative with their city designs as they want.

firerock

Enchanter
Or maybe you can select at each level a set of building styles for the town hall, either given as gratis or unlocked through KP

Deleted User - 13667

I think the Level 13 Town Hall looks more like hive hi-jacked from Warcraft while the other buildings. Level 12 looks cool to me too. But the bonus is not