• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Chest costs

DeletedUser

Hopefully I'm not duplicating an already known bug, sorry if I am.

I have just completed chapter 2, but had an issue with opening the chest at the start of chapter 3.

I had completed the required provinces before I completed the chapter, so that wasn't a problem.

The issue was when I came to unlock the chest. It wouldn't let me unlock it until I had the activation costs required for the Advanced Scouts skill (100k gold, 5k provisions, 600 crystal, 520 scrolls and 820 silks).
Once I had these it let me open the chest. I thought I had paid those in order to open the chest, but thankfully they're still in my storage.

As they were not a cost involved in opening the chest, I'm guessing that requiring the player to have those goods before you can open the chest might be a bug.

It's not a biggie, but did require me to spend a lot of gold to purchase those goods through the wholesaler before I could continue with the next skill, which would have taken another few days of playing to gain the knowledge points needed to complete it and therefore a few more days of gaining goods before needing to raise the entire amount.

Thank You

Alison.

Edited because I didn't read the read me guide (sorry, can't edit the title)

Thread title should be something like: Chapter 3 chest required Advanced Scouts skill activation costs to open.
Game version: v1.1.8-(3279cc5) (2016-03-15 13:48)
Game world: Winyandor
Browser + version: Google Chrome 48.0.2564.116 m
Flash Player version: 21.0.0.182
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1366 x 768
Account name: Moxy
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 1/5

Quest title: n/a

Current situation:
Had to raise the activation costs for the advanced scouts skill in order to open the chest at the start of Chapter 3.

Expected situation:
That only the province requirement would be needed to open the chest.

Reproduction Steps
Finish Chapter 2
2. Have the province requirement for opening the chest
3. The chest would not open and told me I needed 100k gold, 5k provisions, 600 crystal, 520 scrolls and 820 silks to open (I did not screenshot this as at the time I did not realise that anything was wrong, it wasn't until the advanced scouts skill unlocked and had the same costs that I realised)
4. Raised the required goods
5. Opened the chest; the goods stayed in my storage and were not spent

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1736

Ummm... Chests don't cost anything to open. The requirements are set to unlock the research NOT the chests.

DeletedUser219

That was the point of the OP. Although it didn't COST those resources to open the chest, he was still required to HAVE them before the chest could be opened. I can verify that this happened to me at the start of chapter 7. Fortunately, I already had the resources.

DeletedUser1744

I am on this Level now... How do I gain over 800 silk????
Can't Buy them at the wholesaler....
Have 302 silk.... Can only produce 50 every 3 hours....
Will be stuck here for ages.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser815

Thank you to everyone who added to this report.

I can confirm this issue.