• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Chapter17 - OhNo!rium

kurgkurg

Conjurer
The production of the building is not that important, just the pop/culture effect on the unurium production of the trader.
I have built as many manus, MWS, and armories as I could, you don't need to use them all. Actually, if you need seeds and unurium for research or upgrades, you may have those manus just for required culture and working pop, you don't need to use them all, only if you really need, then produce.
Btw, more armories are very good for the required culture, and a collection bonus is important.

Jake65

Sage
Btw, more armories are very good for the required culture, and a collection bonus is important.
Thanks @kurgkurg, yes, at my current level the collection bonus is roughly the same as the production!

Am I correct in thinking that manus only need a road connection to produce but will have their pop/culture requirements even if they're not connected?

Sir Derf

Adept
Just moved a manu. No change to Working Pop or Required Cult.

Despite the building being incapable of working on a production...

Sir Derf

Adept
I guess I've been thinking about the needed Working Population all wrong. After all, you needed to have that Pop before building/upgrading to that level. Obviously, that's the number of construction workers required to make the building, not to do the actual production within the building. After all, when a house is built, or an addition is added on, all the manual laborers, the carpenters, plumbers and electricians, they all stay in the building forever after. Yeah, they all have rooms elsewhere in the city, in the Residences, and the Bathrooms, and the Unicorns, but during the day they have to hang out around that only structure that they built, you know, just in case they need to repaint the walls, or plunge the toilets, or replace the lightbulbs. All those beverages and mosaics and flacons and such, those are made by magic.

kurgkurg

Conjurer
You don't need to have a road connection. Even more, you may teleport residences to make more space for settlement or whatever you need and go to negative pop - lets your workers work, no need to have living rooms for them to use their bonus :) Negative pop doesn´t harm your working pop.

Sir Derf

Adept
Because again, Working Population is apparently the eternally-employed construction/maintenance crews and not the corporate wage-earners.

Sir Derf

Adept
Wait a minute... why do I think that these swarms of laborers aren't doing anything? How do I know that, during the night, every building in my city isn't torn down and rebuilt?

Jake65

Sage
During the night mine seem to make my OhNo!rium disappear :(
Or least slow down production.
This is going to be a long chapter....

SkyRider99

Mentor
Help stamp out OhNo!rium bandits. :)

1688859965182.png

MinervaOz

Enchanter
If you think OhNo!rium is what's going to make this a long chapter .... wait till you get to the prawns.

People who went through Orcs before PPs were introduced say this chapter is worse ....

Jake65

Sage
If you think OhNo!rium is what's going to make this a long chapter .... wait till you get to the prawns
Sounds ominous. I suspect I might change my feeling about PPs, of which I have plenty, and start smiling when I get them instead of eye-rolling :)
Although I see PP only works on Elvenarin.