• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter 19 Expiring/Selling Guest Race Buildings

Sir Derf

Adept
Some of the Guest Race Buildings expire.
Some of the Guest Race Resources are only obtainable by selling a Guest Race Building.

If I understand correctly, then, to get a Tower of Darkness, I have to build 2 Towers of Light; one to ultimately sell to get the White Matter to be able to upgrade the other from Level 1 (Light) to Level 2 (Darkness).

1) Is there any relationship between the building expiration and the ability to sell it for White Matter? That is, can you only get White Matter if you sell it before it expires? Or do you have to wait for it to expire in order to get White Matter? Or, does it not matter, and you can get White Matter selling the Tower at any time?

2) Is there any relationship between the building expiration and the ability to upgrade it? Obviously, I can upgrade a Tower before it expires, as that's the only way to have a Tower of Darkness that can produce Dark Magic. But, if a Tower of Light has expired, can I still upgrade it to an expired Tower of Darkness, allowing me to sell it for Dark Matter (assuming that the answer to 1, above, says that an expired building can be sold for Matter)?

kurgkurg

Conjurer
You can sell those buildings right after you start building/upgrading. You don't need to hold them long because you don't need them actually for production. You get white and black matter with PP. I never hold them until expiring, but I hope you can sell them after that also.

m4rt1n

Adept
Build, sell, or build upgrade and sell, no need to wait for the expiration.

Point 2 I never tried so don't know the answer as I deleted once upgraded and replaced.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I didn't keep any of them long enough for them to expire either, but my guess is that you can still upgrade it once it's expired. Other expired/expiring buildings can be so I doubt it would be different.

Sir Derf

Adept
I could see either of those restrictions making sense as an extra hurdle. Either you want to get the most out of the building, so wat to wait as long as possible without waiting too long, or you can't rush it and have to wait the full week.