• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Chapter 15

C-Nymph

Necromancer
If I recall correctly, I went with as many as I could fit around the Council Hall to start with, to be able to make as many Ideas and Workforce as I could, I think 9 is the maximum you'll be able to place.
At some point, when you're going to place the Atelier, Agriculture, and Factory (hereafter called A/A/F for ease), you might want to delete/teleport a few Academies to make room for more of those A/A/F-buildings, but in the beginning, having more Academies is beneficial for speed to progress.

After having unlocked the tech for the A/A/F-buildings, you won't need Ideas/Workforce to unlock tech anymore, but you will need them to make the resources that the A/A/F-buildings produce (Crystal Balls, Living Paintings, Designs, etc) as those are then required to unlock the next couple tech in the tech tree.
After those tech's though, you'll only need Human & Elven Collections and Manifests to unlock the last half of the tech tree, which are made in the Vault of Wisdom, but you can choose to Portal Profit your way through if you wish :) I scaled down to just having the Council Hall at that point.

ElvenGems gave some options for the different setups, which can still be found in the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20230522032141/https://elvengems.com/the-elvenar-preview/

Last edited:

Monohr

Spellcaster
The Elvenar chapter, how many academies should I build?
If you play winyandor, check my city out, just started that settlement and fit 6 academies, next will fit 4 ateliers, 4 agricultures, 3 factories and 4 vaults.
I have basic roads for the layout now but you could get the gist.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
Eight is the maximum you can fit round the portal. If you put all of those in initially you can stock up on the stuff they produce (I forget what that is) while you're researching the other buildings. By the time you're ready to build the others your main need for academies will be to link them to the portal, and you won't need to upgrade them beyond level 2. You can skip the upgrade research if you want to. I had 2 'sets' of buildings and 3 academies was enough for that.