• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Changes to Magic Academy Crafting Options?

Maximus20

Adventurer
Hi all,

Just wondering if the developers have changed what can be crafted in the Magic Academy. For example I used to see Travelling Merchants on a regular basis but haven't seen one in over a month. Overall the amount of items I'm interested in crafting has decreased drastically, unless I want to craft an endless amount of 15min time boosters.

Also would be interested to know that if you have a travelling merchant already, does it still show up in the crafting menu, or would you have to delete the one you have for it to show again?

FieryArien

Necromancer
Just wondering if the developers have changed what can be crafted in the Magic Academy. For example I used to see Travelling Merchants on a regular basis but haven't seen one in over a month. Overall the amount of items I'm interested in crafting has decreased drastically, unless I want to craft an endless amount of 15min time boosters.
There has been a change, but it happened already quite a long time ago. The recipes are divided into five groups and all the available buildings are in one of those groups. That means that if you are crafting a building during recipes refresh, you have 0 chance to get a new building recipe, because the group’s slot is already taken. Conclusion: if you want something particular to show up, you must make sure the corresponding slot is always free during the recipes refresh.
Also would be interested to know that if you have a travelling merchant already, does it still show up in the crafting menu, or would you have to delete the one you have for it to show again?
Yes, it should show up again. Traveling Merchants aren’t limited to one per town.

Gargon667

Mentor
No changes in more than a month, what you are experiencing is perfectly normal.
As @FieryArien says, you can influence your chances slightly.
Especially if you want buildings, it helps to craft all the evolving buildings and the chess set (those you can have only once), keeping them in your inventory will remove them from the list of possible recipes and therefore increase chances for all other buildings.

Maximus20

Adventurer
Thanks all for the replies. Good idea crafting the buildings I dont want and store them to get them out of the rotation. Just finding what is on offer a lot more underwhelming than previous, but maybe I know more about what I want now!