• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Cat of Good Fortune (Idea for future Event Building)

• Thread starter Deleted User - 2077221
  • Start date

Deleted User - 2077221

Target Audience:
1. This is an Evolving building that uses Pet Food to get the lion's share of benefits it provides.
2. is designed for cities that focus heavily on crafting.
3. It's more beneficial for cities that have lots of houses instead of event buildings that give pop. Ideal for newer players/cities.

Well basically it's like those curios you get in "China Town" in San Francisco or you'd see in some Japanese anime where the idea is you have a statue of a cat that's good luck.

Some superstition says you have to rub the statues head, others say leave a gift, for Elvenar purposes the "gift" is pet food.

Unique feeding effect (updated after forum peer feedback): For 24 hours after feeding the gold cost when buying Knowledge Points is reduced by 30% of the normal current cost (up to 80%) when purchasing with coins.

Level 1 Provides:
- Culture on-par with Witches hut
- Feeding effect is 35%

Level 2 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 40%

Level 3 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 45%%

Level 4 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 50%
- New effect (up to Inno)

Level 5 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 55%

Level 6 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 60%

Level 7 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 65%

Level 8 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 70%
- New Effect (not Scrolls or T3 please)

Level 9 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 75%

Level 10 Provides:
- Feeding effect is 80%

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

The other effects would need to be pretty great.
If capped on coins I could buy 20 KP at 2.2m each. By feeding his pet I could get 25 instead. So the effect is basically 5 KP for 1 pet food.
Not terrible, but doesn't blow my hair back

Pauly7

Magus
That feeding effect would need to be much better to excite me. My KP costs about 3 million each, so yeah, as @SoggyShorts says, am I going to spend a pet food to be given the opportunity to bring that down to 2.22 million for a short while? So if I have a full Main Hall's worth of coins I could buy 19KP instead of 14. It's not like that's even 5 free KP though, as I still have to spend 44 million coins for the pleasure... and presumably all the while I'm still pushing my KP cost up further.

By comparison, the Coldfire Phoenix gave out 14KP per scout when fed. So each pet food gives a minimum of 14KP with no strings attached... and the Coldfire Phoenix didn't excite many people, despite its feeding effect being at least four or five times as powerful as your proposal.

Interesting idea though.

Personally I'd like to see a building released that permanently reduces the cost of KP. Perhaps an Ancient Wonder.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Not very sure about this kitty cat building of yours, @Enneth. :D I will share it with our developers, as that is for them to decide!

On the other hand, @Pauly7 while the same goes for your AW suggestion, I do not see it that far-fetched. Worth to make our developers aware!

Sir Derf

Adept
1) Not everything is for everyone.
2) Welcome to the game-within-a-game of Theoretical Elvenar

3) I do like the visual of the Waving Cat, and the logical connection of Good Fortune to the effect. If the idea needs a little oomph extra to put it over the top in the developer's considerations, it could have a comical goblin face. Personally, I think it should be the usual cat face.

Most pets have a normal effect and a Feeding Effect.

How about the normal effect being the reduction in KP cost, with said reduction increasing by Upgrade Level, and the feeding effect be an increase in the gold received when you give Neighborly Help (which you could then plow into buying KP)?

Deleted User - 2077221

You're absolutely right about the Phoenix comparison Pauly7.

Also the Phoenix can be "abused" with Time Instants, and for players in chapters 3-7 can cut chapter time by 50%! Not only that but that particular wonder gives fabulous mana. I would regularly get 70+ KP in one go because I would save up all my Spire Instants for 1-2 weeks and unlock 5-9 scouts at a time.

So if that's "allowed" by Inno this wonder definitely needs to be stronger!

The other effects would need to be pretty great.

If capped on coins I could buy 20 KP at 2.2m each. By feeding his pet I could get 25 instead. So the effect is basically 5 KP for 1 pet food.

Not terrible, but doesn't blow my hair back

Thank you for the math. I've boosted the effect considerably.

Do you think most high level players would rather have the discount effect he really strong but only when you feed the pet or a passive?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

Thank you for the math. I've boosted the effect considerably.
Now I'm intrigued, but the pendulum has swung too far the other way. At an 80% discount, I'm buying 100 KP instead of 20.
Maybe capping out at a ~35% discount would be a happy middle -ground?
For blowing a full coin stash I'm getting 30 KP instead of 20 and @Pauly7 is getting 22 instead of 14?

Do you think most high level players would rather have the discount effect he really strong but only when you feed the pet or a passive?
They'd probably prefer passive, but I don't think it should be so. This is a potentially powerful ability (coin rains)and should have an on use cost IMO.

Pauly7

Magus
and @Pauly7 is getting 22 instead of 14?
It's still not doing it for me. I've bought a lot of KP in my time, but I've reached a point where I now only buy it in certain situations to achieve something faster. I know that years ago we agreed that it's always best to keep buying KP, but when you reach a point that you have really expensive KP and you're no longer advancing through the game then I think you need to put a lid on it somehow. This means that I'd probably only ever feed the cat a couple of times a month and it possibly wouldn't be worth the real estate to have have lying around just for those occasions.

That's not to say I represent the average player though, so it may well be useful for others.

@Enneth, throw in coins and supplies on par with a Fire Phoenix as a regular effect and I'd be on board.

Sir Derf

Adept
Folks - Not everything is for everyone.

I appreciate that some of you (and, since I'm in Chapter 15 myself, I guess I could say some of us) are super-powerful end-game players, but we're not the only players in the game.

Deleted User - 341074

Folks - Not everything is for everyone.

I appreciate that some of you (and, since I'm in Chapter 15 myself, I guess I could say some of us) are super-powerful end-game players, but we're not the only players in the game.
So? Show us the numbers from a smaller city and we'll judge those too.
Feel free to look up the numbers in the wiki, and ask your FS members how much their KP costs in coins etc.
I, as an advanced player, can only provide feedback on my own current situation and all of the experiences I have had in every previous chapter on all of my accounts, and I can tell you that at no stage of play would this wonder as originally presented have excited me despite being a frequent KP purchaser in every city in every chapter (I don't use the wholesaler for coins ever)

Just because I am in chapter 16 now doesn't mean I started here...

Deleted User - 2077221

@SoggyShorts

I agree about the on-use cost.

It's still not doing it for me. I've bought a lot of KP in my time, but I've reached a point where I now only buy it in certain situations to achieve something faster. I know that years ago we agreed that it's always best to keep buying KP, but when you reach a point that you have really expensive KP and you're no longer advancing through the game then I think you need to put a lid on it somehow. This means that I'd probably only ever feed the cat a couple of times a month and it possibly wouldn't be worth the real estate to have have lying around just for those occasions.

That's not to say I represent the average player though, so it may well be useful for others.

@Enneth, throw in coins and supplies on par with a Fire Phoenix as a regular effect and I'd be on board.

Pauly I definitely would love some "fair" way to cap it. Maybe instead of reducing current cost of KP while it's active you can pay an "alternative cost" or all KP buying with gold defaults to the "alternative" cost equal to 15% of max coin capacity down to 5%?

That might end up with people buying 2,000 KP but they would have to have a LOT of coin instants for that.

I guess if Inno was worried about abuse they could say "the next X times you buy KP with gold it's equal to 15% of your current max gold capacity" at stage 1.

Pauly7

Magus
If people buy 2,000KP with coin rains that isn't abuse. They won't be able to continue doing that as their coin rains would run out and their KP cost would increase a lot.

Gargon667

Mentor
Why do you say it is aimed at people that do a lot of crafting? Can´t see the connection?

I am generally not interested in KP (my military AWs are maxed and the rest don´t get upgrades until the tourney is fixed), so I leave that discussion to people that are. But even when I was still interested in KP I never fed the Coldfire. So anything less than 14 KP per Pet Food will certainly never get used.

Pauly7

Magus
But even when I was still interested in KP I never fed the Coldfire. So anything less than 14 KP per Pet Food will certainly never get used.
Plus the Coldfire Phoenix actually gave you the 14KP, rather than letting you buy it a little cheaper.

Gargon667

Mentor
Plus the Coldfire Phoenix actually gave you the 14KP, rather than letting you buy it a little cheaper.

As I said I have never used the coldfire feeding effect, no that is a lie, I once for fun timeboosted 20 provinces (of 3 days each lol) and to make the whole thing more fun I fed the coldfire before. But that was the first and last time I used it. Anyway I wouldn´t feed it if it gave me 30 KP either.
Any pet giving less than a coldfire??? Just make it a regular evolving building instead. We already have more junk pets than we need for wasting pet food.