• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Can't see my fellowship members on my world's neighbour list

Shumaroto

Seeker
Hi there,

I can't see few of my fellowship members on the world's neighbour list. They are inactive for some time.

The world Winyandor. The fellowship 'rewrite'.

kimkimkim

Summoner
fellows will be posted towards the end of the neighbor list........if they were originally in the middle of your list and have become inactive then it is most likely they got moved on the world map where they no longer show in the middle of the list

kimkimkim

Summoner
upon further investigating using my own list.......it looks as though if a fellow in your fellowhip is an actual neighbor of yours they will be listed with all the other neighbors, they will not be listed at the end of the list with those in your fellowship that are not neighbors.......if this is still not the case with you then I suggest getting in contact with support

kurgkurg

Conjurer
it happened recently in my W-world fs also - a temporarily inactive member is gone from the neighbors list on the map and seems also gone from the map because if I visit her and go to the map, it leads to my own city

m4rt1n

Adept
Could be inactive players are now removed from the game so no longer exist on the world map but are still visible as fellowship members.

Having inactive members in a fellowship I am yet to understand but maybe other players have a reason as the game can be played any way a player chooses.

Shumaroto

Seeker
In this case it would be really great to somehow know if the player is removed. Are there any rules, that would describe inactivity process? For example, how long you can be inactive until you are removed from map? Something is going on here..

Shumaroto

Seeker
upon further investigating using my own list.......it looks as though if a fellow in your fellowhip is an actual neighbor of yours they will be listed with all the other neighbors, they will not be listed at the end of the list with those in your fellowship that are not neighbors.......if this is still not the case with you then I suggest getting in contact with support
I know the mechanics of listing. That is not the case. While players were active they were on the neighbours list. I think they have disappeared once they turned inactive. There is no clear information regarding this. The only thing we know, that everyone appears on the neighbour list depending on the distance. If they were moved, as you said, because of the inactivity, maybe there is some distance limit. Once player is over that limit, we cannot see it. We could actually commonly investigate this. Most distant fellow member from me is 163 spaces, so my guess would be 200 is the limit. Have anyone more distant fellow than 200 on their lists?

Shumaroto

Seeker
Could be inactive players are now removed from the game so no longer exist on the world map but are still visible as fellowship members.

Having inactive members in a fellowship I am yet to understand but maybe other players have a reason as the game can be played any way a player chooses.
It is simple. We have a hotlist system in our fellowship. You get there, once you are inactive for one week. One week = level 1. With every week level increases. You can get off from the list if you comeback to the game. There is no reason to kick it, while we have free spots left (right now we are 22/25). We can still do neighbour help for the inactive players and get fellowship points. Hotlist players are kicked once the fellowship is full (max level goes first), until then - we can keep them and gain points. Plus, we do not have an entry filter, so small players can also join us, for them every help they can do speeds up their development. So, we did the math and the conclusion is, that inactive members still bring some benefit. In other words - it's better than 0.
We have 17 active members, 5 are on the hotlist. 10 pts per help - so 17x10x5=850 per day. One week = ~6k fellowship points. So it's definitely better to have them while you are not full.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@kimkimkim Let me get this clarified! :)

I'll be back!!

Kind Regards

ARNIEdite

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
A player is deemed to be fully inactive if their game has not been played for 30 days or more, however inactivity does not necessarily mean players are removed from the neighborhood, as many factors come into play, not least if a player has deleted their account using the goodbye tool.
However, world map movement is a totally different thing as this programme moves players every Monday, based on levels of activity or inactivity as it switches active players towards each map centre.