• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Cancel Construction bug

DeletedUser8795

Normally when you cancel a building, you get two things:
- the game asks for confirmation
- you get (part of) your cost back

I just accidentally pressed the wrong button (this sometimes happens on mobile), and:
- The game didn't ask for confirmation, so I could not correct my mistake
- I didn't get any of my costs back (at least none of the mana tears)

This sets me back a whole day at least as this is early in the woodelves chapter, I was constructing my first Planks grafting site.

I'm playing on android & desktop, but the bug happened on the android version of the game.

DeletedUser

I just accidentally pressed the wrong button (this sometimes happens on mobile), and:

This sets me back a whole day at least as this is early in the woodelves chapter, I was constructing my first Planks grafting site.

I'm playing on android & desktop, but the bug happened on the android version of the game.

Hello Paultjuh,
Thanks for contacting the team and letting us know about this issue.
Would you happen to have a few screenshots relating to this? They could prove really helpful in tracking down the (suspected) bug!
It would be very valuable too, that you go through the steps again and screenschots of those...), just to be sure.
my best,
Trilljay

DeletedUser8795

Hi Trilljay,

I'm not sure how to make screenshots without damaging my progress even further (also all my workers are currently busy)? The exact steps:
- look at your mana tears (finally 3000!)
- start building your first Planks grafting site
- an hour or so later, click cancel on the building
- you now can see the missing confirmation dialog (I wouldn't even know how to screenshot something which isn't there?)
- check mana tears (just the 600 you just collected)

DeletedUser9340

this sometimes happens on mobile
I played once on POCO F1 and it hppnd to me too.So no worries ;) :)
The game didn't ask for confirmation, so I could not correct my mistake
It happened to me when I was in Chapter 3 but I am almost at Chapter 10.If you ask me why I didn't post on the forums,its coz I didn't knew there was a "forum" :/ :(

DeletedUser8795

I played once on POCO F1 and it hppnd to me too.So no worries ;) :)

It happened to me when I was in Chapter 3 but I am almost at Chapter 10.If you ask me why I didn't post on the forums,its coz I didn't knew there was a "forum" :/ :(
I might have had this before, I'm not sure. But the timing was really inconvenient (building my first planks grafting site, and I probably would have produced enough resources to unlock research before my research tree was completely blocked). And for some resources, it doesn't matter that much if you lose some of it, but losing 3000 mana tears at this stage of the chapter makes a noticeable impact.

DeletedUser9340

I might have had this before, I'm not sure. But the timing was really inconvenient (building my first planks grafting site, and I probably would have produced enough resources to unlock research before my research tree was completely blocked). And for some resources, it doesn't matter that much if you lose some of it, but losing 3000 mana tears at this stage of the chapter makes a noticeable impact.
See my city in Arendyll.I have 4 Planks grafting site,6 Steel grafting site,6 Marble grafting site and 6 Forest Fabrication as recommended by Guide ;) :)

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team

That sounds like the confirmation button on the app settings is perhaps turned off.

Have you contacted our support team to also take a look @Paultjuh ?

DeletedUser8795

Thats great they should be able to look at this for you.

Sadly on mobile there is not an option for a double confirmation, this is only on the browser apparently (you can tell I play on the laptop). So you click it you lost it immediately.
Sadly support has been very unhelpful. Basically they say it's as intended, and when you cancel construction your resources evaporate in thin air. If at least they would add the confirmation, or refund the resources it would be helpful.

It's very disappointing, but to be expected, after the last event it's clear the company only cares about getting as much money as possible out of players (and it actually makes me spend less money on the game).

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Sadly support has been very unhelpful. Basically they say it's as intended, and when you cancel construction your resources evaporate in thin air. If at least they would add the confirmation, or refund the resources it would be helpful.

It's very disappointing, but to be expected, after the last event it's clear the company only cares about getting as much money as possible out of players (and it actually makes me spend less money on the game).

It is always worth asking support as they can at least rule out if this was a bug or just an inconvenient accident.