• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

can anybody tell me why..

m4rt1n

Adept
If you don't like the crafting options, wait for something you do like, everything available is useful to someone at some point in the game.

*How about something that makes Unurium, 2 chapters now and nothing.

kimkimkim

Summoner
@m4rt1n ... I do believe he was referring to the mystical object prize as being the mana sawmill.....that clearly needs to be changed to something else considering we are already able to craft the sawmill if we want one.....I do like the idea of changing the sawmill to the mana hut as prize in the mystical object :)

m4rt1n

Adept
@m4rt1n ... I do believe he was referring to the mystical object prize as being the mana sawmill.....that clearly needs to be changed to something else considering we are already able to craft the sawmill if we want one.....I do like the idea of changing the sawmill to the mana hut as prize in the mystical object :)

Thanks, yes I agree and missed that, mystical object should be a more special prize and needs changing in my opinion. :)

SkyRider99

Mentor
If you don't like the crafting options, wait for something you do like, everything available is useful to someone at some point in the game.

*How about something that makes Unurium, 2 chapters now and nothing.
I agree. The game demands tons of unurium but only gives one place to make a little. And even then you need to switch backwards and forwards to produce a few divine seeds in the Advanced Trader. We need a Unurium Manufactory...please...pretty please. :p

Gargon667

Mentor
I agree. The game demands tons of unurium but only gives one place to make a little. And even then you need to switch backwards and forwards to produce a few divine seeds in the Advanced Trader. We need a Unurium Manufactory...please...pretty please. :p

I would assume it is Innos way to keep this resource a challenge. As soon as they put out a building that produces a good amount of Unurium, people will spam it over their cities and turn Unurium into a non-resource. If the building they hand out is weak enough to tolerate spamming it will be so weak as to be of no interest to the casual player that is unable to spam it. Same problem as always really. I guess eventually Inno will of course hand it out, they always do, looks like they just didn´t want to deal with the inflation of Unurium yet.
One way to deal with it may be to add it to evolving buildings, that are for the most part rare buildings and since they have always a multitude of productions, the Unurium production itself does not have to be exceptionally big.

Paladestar

Enchanter
There's a new pop/culture building in ch18 that makes 2500 Unurium every 18 hours - Unur Museum - Takes up a 3x6 space though.

Or if you wanna spend diamonds - Team Spirit Monument - Takes up 4x3, produces 4300 Unurium per day and they cost 2,880 diamonds each!

Both give trivial amounts compared to your trader though.

The real answer to Unurium is the Sunset Towers AW. Thanks to it (at level 30+), at the start of ch17 I had enough seeds stored up that I could just switch my trader to Unurium and not have to change it back to seeds until after the chapter was completed. Looks like it's going to be the same with ch18.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Good info @Paladestar. Even though those buildings produce only small amounts, they are an option for the future.
My Sunset Towers is only at L18. It helps a lot with reducing seeds decay, but not to the degree you can reach.

Gargon667

Mentor
GAHH! Sunset Towers, one of the most pointless AWs in the game :p

I see the allure in this special case, but sacrificing tourney/spire permanently for a few weeks of use every half year is still not good enough. Placing a bunch of temporary seed buildings should have the same effect without killing tourney/spire performance (but of course take up some space for a while).

What do you need big quantities of seeds for? Sentient goods production?
having a high level Simia (which is kinda obligatory anyway) should do the same trick? Just store the preproduced sentient goods, then you don´t need big amounts of seeds in the first place?

Just throwing ideas out there, not that I have knowledge or interest in those chapters.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Gargon667 hm, what about the seeds decay reduction?

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667 hm, what about the seeds decay reduction?

what about it?

I generally don´t find any decay reductions worth having (with the one exception of sentient goods). The problem with decay reductions is, they "produce" goods you clearly don´t need.
Decay reduction does nothing if you have nothing, which is the best sign of you being in need of the resource. So if you are out of seeds and need seeds, decay reduction gives you nothing. Generally you need a steady stream of seeds, so just get your production up to the level you need and skip the nonsense.
Decay reduction gives you tons, when you sit on a pile of junk, say you have a million seeds in your inventory, decay reduction will give you tons of seeds, but what do you need a ton of seeds for if you already sit on a pile of a million? It doesn´t help your game sitting on 2 million instead of 1 million.

Mana is a bit more variable and therefore the Maze would be slightly more usful, but at the same time you get the DA, which is just obviously so much more powerful for more or less active tourney players, that the Maze is entirely pointless. if we talk about low activity towns then yes the Maze can help with saving up for mana activation costs, however, inavtive towns will most likely not have the KP necessary to upgrade the Maze (huge KP costs for upgrades) to a meaningful level where it actuall makes a difference. So a very small target group for this AW.

Sentient goods are a bit of an exception, because you often need them in big chunks. Having to save up a chunk and spending it all in 1 go is the only way when decay reduction actually helps.

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667 all those Ancient Wonders you mentioned are also helping with the steadily flow of incoming Divine Seeds because the collectioin bonus of the Trader is depending on Main Hall level and Ancient Wonders Level.

So does every AW, so why would you waste your KP and AW levels on useless AWs when you can get the same bonus from upgrading useful AWs?

kimkimkim

Summoner
I would have to agree with @Gargon667 .....there is no reason to have the Sunset Towers if you have plenty of seed producing buildings in your city that the decay really does not affect your gain......my trader has been stuck on unurium ever since it was introduced because my seed producing buildings in my city outweigh the need to have it switching back and forth between seeds and unurium....

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
Decay reduction reduces the production needed to achieve a certain steady state equilibrium between production and decay. For those players practicing JIT logistics it is completely worthless. For those working from a stockpile it is potentially very strong.

Far Reach

Conjurer
I generally don´t find any decay reductions worth having (with the one exception of sentient goods).

That is doubtless true, but is a reflection of your game priorities (given that you are focusing on the Tournament and have no aspiration to progress through further chapters). A player who concentrated on city progression, but was content with more modest Tournaments (especially via catering) could equally conclude that the Needles of Tempest (and Flying Academy etc.) were worthless for them. Many such players may find the Sunset Towers to be rather useful.

Decay reduction reduces the production needed to achieve a certain steady state equilibrium between production and decay. For those players practicing JIT logistics it is completely worthless. For those working from a stockpile it is potentially very strong.

I agree to an extent. The game often asks for large chunks of resources at one time though (e.g. for upgrades, researches and even for catering), and this is particularly true for later chapters, upgrades and AWs. Keeping no stockpile and producing resources only when needed ("Just In Time") can create significant delays all over the place. Personally I always prefer to stockpile.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Yes, I am at the end of chapter 16 and thankfully, each research is asking for 200+ KP. This gives me time to stockpile the goods needed for the finalisation of the research. Without a decay reduction, I would get the KP bar filled before I would have all the sentient goods together. Those seeds are precious to me :)