• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Can’t upgrade residence when in negative population in the mobile app

• Thread starter DeletedUser6848
  • Start date

DeletedUser6848

I think I have found a bug in the mobile app.

I deleted a 2x3 Level 7 residence to make space to upgrade the residences on either side of it to 3x3 Level 8. This put me temporarily into about -40 population.

But when I tried to upgrade the neighbouring residence to level 8, on the upgrade screen the upgrade button said “Get population” not “Upgrade”. The app wouldn’t let me upgrade the residence. Clicking the “Get population” button took me to a screen inviting me to spend diamonds.

I managed to work around it by deleting a couple of culture buildings, and replacing them with a couple of lvl 1 residences. I found I could place a new basic residence, but not upgrade them either. That got my population back up above zero. Only then would the app let me upgrade the level 7 residence.

I assume this is a bug in the mobile app, as I’d been assured that negative population didn’t stop you upgrading residences. Indeed that would seem odd as they only way to fix a negative population is to upgrade your residences!

I’m using the iOS app version en 1.57 on an iPad.

DeletedUser7096

Hello @purpledaffodil ,

Thank for your report!

can you tell us what was your current culture? If you are playing as elf, it requires 27 culture points to upgrade a residence building from level 7 to 8; as human it requires only 5.
Had you checked that you have enought culture points for upgrading this building? (Because residences of level 1 no require culture points)

Sincerly,
Kakashi-sensei