• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Buying Knowledge Points

DeletedUser

Why is it that the price of buying knowledge points just gets more expensive and doesn't / no longer resets after each day is finished ?

DeletedUser

Why is it that the price of buying knowledge points just gets more expensive and doesn't / no longer resets after each day is finished ?

I have never seen it reset after a day has past. AFAIK it will always go up as you have the capacity to pay more.

DeletedUser

Every time you buy Knowledge Points, the base cost of that type of purchase is ADDED to the next cost.
Buying KPs is not a sustainable approach, so you're best off saving the purchases for true emergencies.

DeletedUser

Every time you buy Knowledge Points, the base cost of that type of purchase is ADDED to the next cost.
Buying KPs is not a sustainable approach, so you're best off saving the purchases for true emergencies.

I don't really understand that. Do you mean for AW? I am in chapter 4 and am constantly buying KP, if I didn't, I would max out my gold stores.
Shouldn't you be buying them as the faster you progress through the research tree the faster you progress overall?

DeletedUser

I didn't, I would max out my gold stores
Scouting seems to do a dandy job of keeping my Gold Supply under control, although I do occasionally buy some goods to fill in any shortages in my inventory, so that I can trade in practically unlimited quantities for whatever somebody needs.

I seldom buy any Knowledge Points, and I'm sitting at the end of Chapter VII in three different cities. I don't see any need to buy extra KPs merely to get there sooner, and then wait for longer at the end of each chapter.

DeletedUser1353

Any examples of what these true emergencies might be?

DeletedUser

Scouting seems to do a dandy job of keeping my Gold Supply under control, although I do occasionally buy some goods to fill in any shortages in my inventory, so that I can trade in practically unlimited quantities for whatever somebody needs.

I seldom buy any Knowledge Points, and I'm sitting at the end of Chapter VII in three different cities. I don't see any need to buy extra KPs merely to get there sooner, and then wait for longer at the end of each chapter.

Ok... so why would you spend cash on scouting until you have to (due to getting it cheaper the longer you wait)

I also don't understand why you would be waiting at the end of the chapter longer?

DeletedUser

Any examples of what these true emergencies might be?
  • You might want to defend your award slot in an Ancient Wonder, or you might be able to capture a slot with just a few more points.
  • Unlocking a City Expansion, when you have plenty of Coins/Supplies/Goods, but not enough space to continue with your upgrades.
why you would be waiting at the end of the chapter longer
  • If you're at the end of Chapter VII, you'd be waiting simply because no more content is available.
  • If you do not yet have enough goods/troops to acquire the necessary sectors, you won't be able to open the Advanced Scouting chest, so there's no point in rushing to the end of each chapter.

DeletedUser

I don't have AW, nor does my FS, I see a small reward there though.
I don't get the expansion bit. Why would you not want it opened as soon as possible, which would happen if you bought KP? Saving gold would mean you were further behind, as each technology allows for faster progression, right?

DeletedUser

I've got a half dozen expansions that I've never used, in all of my cities, and the ones that I play every day are all in Chapter VII.

I'm a fan of efficient cities that get the job done, without over doing things just to run up the score.

DeletedUser

I've got a half dozen expansions that I've never used, in all of my cities, and the ones that I play every day are all in Chapter VII.

I'm a fan of efficient cities that get the job done, without over doing things just to run up the score.

Nope. Still don't get it. I am reasonably sure you are not be facetious, perhaps you just place at a different pace?

By that I mean... if you have space, you look at your "block" and build a building that overcomes it. When you have excess population/culture/supplies, you build manufactories. And so on. How can you not build into expansions? Isn't the idea to get to the new stuff and play different things? I am not in the position to have got very far, still at the end of chapter 4, gave up on the other city as it seemed a waste of time doing two, so I feel no urge to "go slow".