• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Building our buildings.

• Thread starter DeletedUser1685
  • Start date

DeletedUser1685

The activity I came to Elvenar for was for building cities, but the activity that I can spend most time on is combat.
Thankfully I can Auto Combat and Cater to save time.
But I'd really like to be able to spend as much time on building as I could on combat, if I was into combat.

I can't even tinker with city layouts, without deleting buildings, or worse keeping empty land useless, just so I can tinker from time to time.
As a reminder, as we develop technologies old buildings become inefficient, so the pressure is on to get rid of them.

But what if we don't want to? What if our citizens want to preserve our Heritage?

So. Here's an idea.

We can upgrade our buildings, without changing their cosmetic look. Change them into an upgrading status, then have certain times and resources for them, but let them be variable.

That would let us build a little village, which could theoretically be as powerful as a crowded city overflowing with buildings.

It would let us be individual.

And it would allow me to spend more time building.

cwgiii

Shaman
or worse keeping empty land useless, just so I can tinker from time to time.

I believe this is precisely the way that the Devs want us to play (requires planning and prioritization). They have consistently increased the space required to keep as reserve to accommodate guest race structures. Sure, you can wait until the end of a chapter, when you delete those guest structures and use that space to re-arrange your city. But I honestly keep at least one or two empty expansions as my own private "storage" space (such capability has been requested of the Devs many times in different threads). In response, I believe the Devs have indicated, basically, that we are already in control of this capability. Or, at the very least, that such a function will not be built into the game.

DeletedUser1685

If that's the case, I think of it as a lazy response to customer requests.

Much like saying, if you don't play Elvenar you won't have this problem.

Problem solved!

DeletedUser1685

The other option for their response is more venal. Basically they want to keep maximum pressure on players to buy more land, with one of the three options; land additions through tech levels, adding more through Cater or Conquest, or buying the 25 Diamond Expansions.

Which would mean their theory is that limited supply means increased demand and thus more pressure to spend real money on virtual land.

First. Pressure isn't fun.

Second. If this is Innogame's opinion it means they only think of the city palette as one type of product. It's like walking into a cafe and they only sell one type of drink and one type of food, because that will increase demand for those two items, and make sales skyrocket!

When we all know people will smile at the owner, maybe buy something, once, then leave never to return.

Having a customisable city increases the product range of Elvenar. Your city isn't a fixed item, it becomes a canvas where you can change your city around.

That means something highly important. Players spend more time on Elvenar, because there is more to do.

And time is money.