• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Bug after update on MS Edge

DeletedUser6868

Hello
after yesterdays big Windows 10 update, Edge stops the game from fully working. Coins and goods can be selected but no buildings can be accessed. World Map and Research can be accessed.
I've also lost two expansion squares in the process... one within the Research area, which I could get into and add knowledge to the expansion slot... but then wasn't given it. The second expansion square is from the world map, I reached the necessary number of areas found to be given an expansion... but that one doesn't show either... I'm disheartened.

I can get the game working now by using the old MS browser Internet Explorer (expansion squares still not given), but it's not my preference.
Can you resolve any of this please?
Thank you

DeletedUser

The issue with the expansions is not related to the Windows 10 update. Both my PC and laptop were updated, and I've not had any problems. However, maybe we can figure this out without you having to submit a Support ticket. :)

one within the Research area, which I could get into and add knowledge to the expansion slot... but then wasn't given it.
With "City Expansions", which you obtain from research, you have to have enough coin to place them, so even though you've unlocked the tech, you still have to pay.

The second expansion square is from the world map, I reached the necessary number of areas found to be given an expansion... but that one doesn't show either

When you cleared that last Province, did it say that you were awarded an expansion? Also, out of curiosity, what Chapter are you in?

DeletedUser5976

Rillian did say however that the Windows update does sometimes give problems with Edge especially. He said the trouble is between Microsoft and Adobe. Using another browser seems to be solving the problem.

DeletedUser6868

With "City Expansions", which you obtain from research, you have to have enough coin to place them, so even though you've unlocked the tech, you still have to pay.

When you cleared that last Province, did it say that you were awarded an expansion? Also, out of curiosity, what Chapter are you in?

Without a shadow of doubt it's the update that was the cause :) and I know I know the research expansion needs coins... but it still needs to be available rather than greyed out. Yes, I was awarded the map won expansion. I'm in the Dwarf chapter.
When I couldn't get into the buildings I thought little of it and assumed it would fix with a pc reboot... so I continued to play in the areas I could... which was Research, to use my 10 knowledge points and the map to get the one more needed province for the expansion. It was after achieving both expansion slots and using 'move' to choose where I would put them, that I found ... nothing .... neither had been awarded. I immediately went to 'tools' to try again, but nothing again. Switching to IE and accessing everything still didn't give me the two expansions.

DeletedUser

@Micta

If you are 100% certain that the Windows Update was the issue, I have three suggestions.
1) Try logging in and checking your city out via someone else's device. A library computer, a friend's or whatever you have safe access to.
2) If you are able to do so, try a system rollback, restoring your computer to a point prior to the update, and then try it.
3) If 1 or 2 do not work, or you are unable/unwilling to try them, you can always submit a Support ticket. Won't hurt to try.

I hope this gets sorted for you quickly. :)

Deleted User - 1634960

With regard to the Expansions, please do contact us at Support. The City Expansion Place button will be greyed out unless you have enough coin, but hovering over the icon will show whether an expansion is available or not.
For the Province Expansion, check in the Wiki for when you are supposed to get them. Hovering over the Province Expansion icon will show you haow many Provinces you have completed and how many remain to the next Expansion. Please include the number you have completed in your Support Ticket.