• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Blocking without reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the game (not in this forum), you can only block an annoying player by reporting them. In some cases however, you don't want to talk to someone specific even though they have not committed any offence worth reporting. Wouldn't it reduce the workload for those Inno staff members who have to check player reports if you could just choose to block (or "ignore") someone, both for PMs and the chatroom?

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sigmar von Krosta, if you do not want to report a player through an upsetting message you have received, you can only delete any incoming messages. We would recommend using the report option. :)

@Sigmar von Krosta, if you do not want to report a player through an upsetting message you have received, you can only delete any incoming messages. We would recommend using the report option. :)
Sometimes, it is not one specific upsetting message though, it is the overall attitude of another player. People are different, not everybody gets along with everybody else... The option to ignore players preemptively might even prevent escalations and rule violations from happening. I believe it would be in everybody's interest, and it is also standard in MMO player-to-player communication systems.

SkyRider99

Mentor
There are a lot of good fellowships around. A few undesirable ones too. I'm sure you will find a better fit Sigmar. :)

It sounds like you did the right thing. Think of it as a step forward perhaps :cool:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The message reporting tool is the way to go forward in these situations.
Not only does it allow a block to be put in place to stop any further contact, but most importantly it allows us to see a bigger picture than perhaps one player upsetting one person, when we see a player is blocked a great deal and why.
We are therefore more than happy to receive reports in this way as it does help to keep Elvenar a great place to be.

The message reporting tool is the way to go forward in these situations.
Not only does it allow a block to be put in place to stop any further contact, but most importantly it allows us to see a bigger picture than perhaps one player upsetting one person, when we see a player is blocked a great deal and why.
We are therefore more than happy to receive reports in this way as it does help to keep Elvenar a great place to be.
It seems that I cannot get my point across properly, maybe because English is not my first language. I am not asking what possibilities I have right now, I am suggesting to implement another option.

I am talking about cases where there is actually nothing to report, no violation of any kind, not against the ToS and not against the law. It is just that you don't like someone and don't want any contact. This is something the forum mods don't have to get involved in. Filing a report without any proper reason except "I don't find this person agreeable" is its own form of bullying in my opinion. I certainly would not want to be reported just for stating an opinion that another person does not agree with - being in an environment like this would make me really uncomfortable, and I don't want to do this to another person.

That's why an "ignore" button without report is standard in other MMOs. It would certainly be useful in this game as well. If the Inno mods are interested in a "bigger picture" about a player, they could just look at how much someone is ignored, as this must be registered in a data bank as well - even though reports of actual violations should be much more relevant for decisions about sanctions against someone.

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
We understood you completely @Sigmar von Krosta, hence letting you know how the current format works for multiple reasons, not least players breaching our Terms and Conditions, Game Rules, Decency or just simply annoying in some way to others.
This is why we do not have multiple ways to block a player, just this simple one so all players can just click one button, say why they are clicking it and that is the end of the matter.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Ignore button is one and Report button is something else. Are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS for TWO DIFFERENT SITUATIONS.
It would be like here, in forum. I can choose to Ignore some annoying persons without the interference of the Mods and if someone offends me or post things that can be categorized as personal attacks, then I can Report those persons and Mods will take the required steps and some actions might be taken.
Is that hard to understand what @Sigmar von Krosta 's suggestion means?
Since it's a suggestion, not a question, the best way would be to be forwarded to Inno's devs.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Whilst we appreciate that you are wishing for the reporting tool to be split in the messaging system, we have explained why this is not something that we would currently be looking to do and why.
This is all about us keeping Elvenar a safe place, which is the reason we would not be looking to amend this in the game.
We will now archive the thread accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.