• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

birds eye view

gathsdell

Soothsayer
this is an interesting idea (at least I think so) what if we had the possability to see our city from a"birds eye view" scroll out to a point in which one could view ones city as a whole. I think this would be interesting and benificial to overall city planning. Responses welcome

cwgiii

Shaman
I agree this would be very helpful. However, I suspect this would increase the graphics data in game and could impact performance. I certainly would not want performance to degrade any further than it already does during events like tournaments, spire, and holiday events.

Remember, we do have the ability to see our cities in a "flat" layout via Elven Architect (which could be considered a kind of "birds-eye" view). This is sufficient for me to plan my city.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@gathsdell If I could arrange for that I would. More ways to view our beautiful cities would always be welcome however unfortunately our Developers would not look to implement this. From a planning point of view however, @cwgiii is correct, Elven Architect is a great tool to optimise your City Layout!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

kimkimkim

Summoner
wouldn't using the zoom button on your browser do this....at 33% I can see my whole city

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah I think it would be good if the game had a plan view from above, but as @cwgiii says, we can get that from Elven Architect.

What I would love (even though I know it will never happen) is to be able to go to a street view of my city and walk around it. That would be amazing. For anyone who used to play Sim City, back in the day, they brought out something called Sim Copter, where you could fly a helicopter around the city you'd built... same kind of concept.

Proudfoot

Senior Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
@gathsdell You can already do this if you go to top right of your browser click the customize and go down to zoom which should be 100%, then you can zoom out until your at about 67% this will then allow you to see the whole city.... Just dont forget to zoom back to 100% once your finished.

Pauly7

Magus
@gathsdell You can already do this if you go to top right of your browser click the customize and go down to zoom which should be 100%, then you can zoom out until your at about 67% this will then allow you to see the whole city.... Just dont forget to zoom back to 100% once your finished.
This can be very useful when viewing your world map. Once it gets quite big, it's a handy way to see whether you have completed the rings evenly.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
this is an interesting idea (at least I think so) what if we had the possability to see our city from a"birds eye view" scroll out to a point in which one could view ones city as a whole. I think this would be interesting and benificial to overall city planning. Responses welcome

you could use elvenarchitect for that, if you load it up with the help of elvenstats.

The game is 2d. this means each asset is a flat picture that pretends to be 3 dimensional but is not a 3d model. just like you paint the interior of a house on a sheet of paper. your city is then a mix of sheets of paper to create something that looks like elvenar.

This means it's also impossible to create any vieuw from any angle other than the current one.

so even if the developers wanted to, they could not unless they rebuild the entire game from scratch. by that time it makes more sense to just build a new game anyway and keep elvenar as is.