• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighbors Better chest warning.

DeletedUser

[Summary]:
While grinding for gold (who DOESN'T love that???) by visiting your neighbours, you click as fast as possible, so often miss chests, some sort of warning should pop.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:
Nothing on the first page, chests are pretty useless, so probably no-one has bothered?

[Details]:
Getting gold from neighbours involves four clicks
  • Click on neighbour
  • Click on hand icon
  • Click on hand icons (usually before the city loads)
  • Click on world icon
The time between clicking on the hand to get the actual reward and clicking on the world is less than half a second, in which time the chest prompt comes up, often too late. There should be a warning that prevents you from leaving until either you abandon the chest of collect it.

[Reasons for Implementing]:
The grind is boring enough without the additional irritation of missing chests, or spending extra time waiting, just in case.
[Balance]:

[Visual Aids]:

DeletedUser

If you use the hotkeys the visitation sequence is much smoother.
  • W&E are adjacent, so you don't need to move your left hand
  • You can pretty much just leave your mouse cursor right in the middle of the screen
  1. W = World
  2. Click on a Village (and we'll soon have Goldmines for unoccupied city sectors)
  3. E = Helping Hand
  4. Click just below a buff icon, usually before the buildings even get loaded
  5. Rinse and repeat

Last edited by a moderator:

firerock

Enchanter
yep that's just how I do it too, and I've missed loads of chests too, I think they are repeated in another town if you don't take it, so its not that much of an issue really. But it is annoying.

DeletedUser1295

[Summary]:
While grinding for gold (who DOESN'T love that???) by visiting your neighbours, you click as fast as possible, so often miss chests, some sort of warning should pop.

You will get a sound warning (unless you turned sound off on your comp ofc), but I guess you would like a visual warning?
Btw, indeed the chest(s) will be repeated in other towns if you miss clicking on them in previous towns.

DeletedUser

You will get a sound warning (unless you turned sound off on your comp ofc), but I guess you would like a visual warning?
Btw, indeed the chest(s) will be repeated in other towns if you miss clicking on them in previous towns.

I wasn't aware of the sound warning, I play with the sound off. Thanks for the heads-up!