• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

battles

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
Don't forget, terrain type is random, and some terrains heavily favor or hamper certain match-ups.

In early battles, when you get an unfavorable terrain, it doesn't mean as much, and so you generally don't fail, just suffer a little more casualties, maybe. As you progress, unfavorable terrain eventually rises to the level of making the difference between success and failure. Eventually, you get to the point where battles are so difficult that terrain differences are swamped by overwhelming enemy forces generally. This would appear to fit the observation of getting the sporadic fail in non-early battles.
terrain types hmm i need to do a bit more reading on battles since so far i just do auto battles so i do not have to spent so much time to finish them

by terain you do not mean silk, steel,...

Sir Derf

Adept
No, I mean the barriers to movement placed in the field of battle. Some times you end up with a long, narrow path to get from one side to the other, for example, which massively close-quarters fighters vs. ranged fighters.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
No, I mean the barriers to movement placed in the field of battle. Some times you end up with a long, narrow path to get from one side to the other, for example, which massively close-quarters fighters vs. ranged fighters.
ahh okey i have seen that when i startt playing the gmae and i played the battles manual
the barriers where diferent and that aspect of the battle it is random??
do we know how many different terrain there are?

Gargon667

Mentor
ahh okey i have seen that when i startt playing the gmae and i played the battles manual
the barriers where diferent and that aspect of the battle it is random??
do we know how many different terrain there are?
I seem to remember having seen a picture with different map layouts. Can´t remember where and neither do I know if it was complete. Hard to guess how many there are, but not that many, they do repeat ;)