• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

battles

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
okey i have asked and got good info that as squad size increase the number of opponents in tournament and spire increase to keep the difficulty at balance.

does the same apply with the wornder?
there is a wonder that give you more health points of r your troops will that make things easier or the game will compensate for that also?
like the martial monestery or the neddle of the tempest
to name 2 of the wonders.
will buildign them and upgrading them make battles in tournament and spire easier or they are a waste of space and time?

does even the fire phoenix help at all?

what i can say the dwarf armourer did help me to have easier battles in tournament and spire

the fire phoenix i have not see any menaingfull gains for 45% more damage

Gargon667

Mentor
nope only SS influences tourneys negatively. Everything else is good for you :)

The spire difficulty increases (most likely, there is no definite info I have seen anywhere) with AW levels, so in terms of spire make sure you pick good AWs that help you make the spire easier. It is not as direct an effect as the SS on tourneys. You can out run the spire with building good wonders to make it easier, but you can never outrun the tourney with SS upgrades, they just make it worse every single time.

If you did not see an effect of a 45% damage increase you did not look properly. I see it every time I forget to feed my bird and wonder what the heck is wrong with my fighting until I realize it lol.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
nope only SS influences tourneys negatively. Everything else is good for you :)

The spire difficulty increases (most likely, there is no definite info I have seen anywhere) with AW levels, so in terms of spire make sure you pick good AWs that help you make the spire easier. It is not as direct an effect as the SS on tourneys. You can out run the spire with building good wonders to make it easier, but you can never outrun the tourney with SS upgrades, they just make it worse every single time.

If you did not see an effect of a 45% damage increase you did not look properly. I see it every time I forget to feed my bird and wonder what the heck is wrong with my fighting until I realize it lol.
well maybe i need to do again a blidn test but no troops to spare at moment.

what will happen if you sell a wonder? can you rebuild it?? going over the same process from beginning?

Hekata

Artisan
The spire difficulty increases (most likely, there is no definite info I have seen anywhere) with AW levels
It was officially confirmed on beta that the AW levels influence the Spire but they never said by how much, just that it's one of the factors and not one of the most significant ones.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
1. If you sell a wonder, it is gone. So is all the KP you invested.
2/3. Yes, but you start at level 1 again.
well my concern was that you sell the wonder and would not be able to start all over
since the other player mention good wonders to help with spire
so while new player you need different wonder maybe later when i finish chapters i can sell some of the wonders to change style of game

its good to know that you can rebuild, them , even if you loose everything

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
It was officially confirmed on beta that the AW levels influence the Spire but they never said by how much, just that it's one of the factors and not one of the most significant ones.
one question any wonder? or battle relevant wonders?
was it clarified or not?
since in chapter 5 you get a wonder for culture which is no help for troops or production so even that wonder will effect the spire?

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
That's a good question. They didn't say witch ones as far as I remember. If I had to guess I would say all of them.
there 2 options
most likely is
1. all wonder effect negative the spire. the more levels the harder it will get.
2. military wonder effect the size of the troops and the production ones effect the negotiation cost, while there are some neutral ones )less likely)

AstralSoul

Illusionist

Yup, you'll hear phoenix's stomach rumble hard when you go to the 39th province without feeding!

I hope it is total amount of levels... and not having one at a high level in particular, as I am working my needles all the way to 30. But my Spire has been getting tougher too, especially, the last eight fights/diplomacies on floor #3.

Sir Derf

Adept
It could be anything, but it's probably easiest just to have total of all Wonders, since that is already being used in other places like the Trader's Early Collection bonus when producing Seeds.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
Okey i have seen something odd in tournament
from territory 1 to territory 2 and so on the difficulty increases which is no wonder and expected
but then teritory 5 id the ahrdest adn then 6,7,8 are easier than 5 and 9 onc emore come in pair with 5?
is that normal?

i play with troops use the same strategy to play the battles in tournament but i loose the battles in middle territory and i buy them with materials but then the nest 2-3 ones i can finish with troops?
which is not a bit odd?

is there anything else in place here??? how hard a territory will be??

Sir Derf

Adept
Don't forget, terrain type is random, and some terrains heavily favor or hamper certain match-ups.

In early battles, when you get an unfavorable terrain, it doesn't mean as much, and so you generally don't fail, just suffer a little more casualties, maybe. As you progress, unfavorable terrain eventually rises to the level of making the difference between success and failure. Eventually, you get to the point where battles are so difficult that terrain differences are swamped by overwhelming enemy forces generally. This would appear to fit the observation of getting the sporadic fail in non-early battles.

Gargon667

Mentor
Yup, you'll hear phoenix's stomach rumble hard when you go to the 39th province without feeding!

I hope it is total amount of levels... and not having one at a high level in particular, as I am working my needles all the way to 30. But my Spire has been getting tougher too, especially, the last eight fights/diplomacies on floor #3.

I have my Needles at lvl 30, but of course I can´t tell you how much easier it would be with to lvl 15 AWs instead... Anyway I am rather sure that a lvl 30 Needles will benefit you much more and make the spire much easier to play than a lvl 15 Needles and a lvl 15 Watchtower (or any other nonsensical AW). So just go for those Needles :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Okey i have seen something odd in tournament
from territory 1 to territory 2 and so on the difficulty increases which is no wonder and expected
but then teritory 5 id the ahrdest adn then 6,7,8 are easier than 5 and 9 onc emore come in pair with 5?
is that normal?

i play with troops use the same strategy to play the battles in tournament but i loose the battles in middle territory and i buy them with materials but then the nest 2-3 ones i can finish with troops?
which is not a bit odd?

is there anything else in place here??? how hard a territory will be??

Just random effects of what combination of enemies and what kind of geography you get. Nothing to worry about.

Difficulty goes up in the beginning mostly because the enemy units start in province 1 as 1 star units and get up to 3 star units over the first couple of provinces. After that difficulty doesn´t really increase, but the cost does. So your chances of winning and loosing kind of stay the same, but your losses get bigger and bigger (both in troops or in catering). Loosing a squad of units in province one kills 10 units, while loosing 1 squad in province 50 kills 2000 (just made up random numbers, to elaborate the point, so don´t kill me if you loose 3000 in province 50), the numbers depend on your actual Squad size and tourney round as well as the province.

Gargon667

Mentor
one question any wonder? or battle relevant wonders?
was it clarified or not?
since in chapter 5 you get a wonder for culture which is no help for troops or production so even that wonder will effect the spire?

it is already more than I would have expected. To get an official confirmation that AWs are involved at all is nice, I doubt you will ever get a more detailed explanation out of them. But go for all AWs are equally treated (it would cause more programming effort to make exceptions and i see no real reason why some should be treated differently to make that effort worth it). Convincing cost is directly related to the SS, so it doesn´t matter if military AW or Catering AW. Both will raise costs for both. But again there are no definite answer on anything (except that AWs do something lol)

Gargon667

Mentor
well maybe i need to do again a blidn test but no troops to spare at moment.

what will happen if you sell a wonder? can you rebuild it?? going over the same process from beginning?

A real test is difficult anyway, because you will never have exactly the same conditions again. Especially since there is a random factor involved in fighting, too. You can loose a fight, then redo the exact same fight with the same troops and win :) It is of course a horrible way to waste troops and rarely happens, but it does (especially when I get tired and do tourneys instead of sleeping lol)

Nothing will happen if you sell the AW, except that it is gone. Of course you can build it again, from lvl 1 obviously. you will get confirmation of that when you for the first time sell one by accident ;) And don´t bother asking support for help, they don´t replace buildings that you can build again (no matter if it will take you 1000000 KP to do it)

Hekata

Artisan
@MinMax Gamer Sorry, I didn't know. I saw the thread pop up on Beta today and this was the link you posted there. I didn't notice it was from April.