• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle Battle other players

DeletedUser778

I would like to see a feature that allows players to battle each other. It would be voluntary, so no one would be forced to participate. Players could be matched with players with a similar score, so the battles would be fair. There could be a prize awarded to the winner (perhaps a smaller prize to the loser). The troops that die in the battle would be restored after the battle was complete. Battles could be posted so other players could review them to see how to improve.

DeletedUser

As a player who really doesn't use the battle system (still refusing to build a barracks), I support this idea under the following conditions:

1) The devs work on improving neighbourly help, the trade system, etc. and then possibly spend time adding this type of feature. The main reason is that Elvenar is primarily a city builder and not intended for PvP gameplay. There are other games out there for that (like FoE for example :rolleyes:).

2) This tournament style fighting does not leave players who refuse to participate in it at (too much of) a disadvantage. It is important that the rewards received are balanced, but I'm sure the devs could manage that somehow.

I like the concept as it encourages more interactivity between players. Would be great as a 'tutorial' style feature to get new players to understand the mechanics of the fight system and for veteran players to test new strategies. Whether it's really necessary/useful or not is not really up for me to say.

Cheers,
Valerius

DeletedUser

It's not really voluntary if it puts people at an advantage for participating, so I'd be pro only if there was no reward or if there was something implemented parallel to this for people to do who dislike pvp. I'm assuming a lot of people who play this have chosen to do so because they aren't really into pvp so adding such a feature should take that into consideration.

DeletedUser219

Want to put a couple of +1s on this. The OP would provide a low-cost way for people to practice the fighting system and become familiar with the tactics/strategies involved with the various terrains we see.
I agree with Slotharingia that rewards should not provide a game advantage. These battles, because they are low-cost, should be for glory only, so the violently non-violent, like Valerius, would have no pressure to take part.

Deleted User - 13667

I think it would be very hard to implement any system that would indicate pvp like battles here.

But the idea is refreshing. Perhaps a comparison in-game to show most no. of battles won, most no. of negotiations, most gatherer of goods would be a more acceptable type of competition? It is just a different method of ranking... just an idea to add on to the topic

Deleted User - 67582

Just read this thread. My input is: One of the reasons I like this game is because of the lack of PvP. Having PvP was one of the reasons I left FoE and the fact that they could pillage your city. :( I don't mind the computer based fighting, although I think the odds are too much in favour for the enemy. It's getting near impossible to win a battle, leaving negotiation the only option; and that is getting very resource draining:mad:

DeletedUser1749

I think it would be relatively easy to implement a PvP system. Add another page on the barracks where you can assign defensive troops from your available recruits. Those are in reserve for defense and can't be used for offense. Next you can attack any neighbor you have discovered. The combat would be the same as the current. Except if the neighbor is significantly weaker than you there is a "equalizer" modifier that increases the defenders strength. In the end if you win you get a reward, knowledge point, relic. If you lose the defender gets the reward and keeps their defensive troops regardless. And you lose whatever troops are lost in combat. In either case a player is not compelled to fight just put up a defense.

This could be extended further to be, if a neighbor loses, you now reign over that province. You can keep expanding your empire. Each province pays a tax to you so your resources grow. A neighbor can take it away from you but you can not lose your home village. And if your home village loses to an attack, you lose nothing.

And to expand even further, if you have fellowship members near you, and your empires touch you get a defensive boost. This could add to fellowship ranking.

Ultimately the neighbor can be oblivious to what is going on on the world map and just build their city. They can aquire provinces just like now.

I know they'll say this empire and fellowship stuff is too much but it would add competition to the game. Something that is sorely missing.

DeletedUser

One of the nice things about this game is the fact there is no PvP. I for one would be done with the game if they added it. I think it is nice that Innogames has both PvP and non-PvP games available to suit different players.

I'm glad they are going the cooperative tournament route for adding more battles.

DeletedUser627

One of the nice things about this game is the fact there is no PvP. I for one would be done with the game if they added it. I think it is nice that Innogames has both PvP and non-PvP games available to suit different players.

I'm glad they are going the cooperative tournament route for adding more battles.
I completely agree with you!
If they introduce PvP battles in this game - I will not continue to play the game. Not for me.

DeletedUser

I am done if they add PvP. I'm not interested in PvP, so why keep building resources for someone to pillage me? However, as the OP suggested, I would not be completely adverse to a tournament. I would not want tournament rewards to be anything that affects the main game.

DeletedUser1749

If you were not forced to compete in PvP and you wouldn't lose anything then why not? That's what my post states. The tax doesn't have to come from the conquered player it comes from the game maker as coins or supplies. Every strategy game I have seen, either the web or mobile has a PvP system. And collaborative fighting system. Its what draws players. If the game continues with just building pretty cities with shiny object it will not succeed.

DeletedUser

See, I disagree. I don't play the other strategy games simply because I do not care for PvP at all in anything that affects my play. A tournament style setup where you could compete against others in a side game sort of fashion would be more appropriate for this style of city building game, since if you do make it where you get regular in game rewards, then you will create a system where people have to advance by playing PvP when this game was specifically set up to capture the market of folks who like city building games without PvP.

DeletedUser1353

I think a PvP feature would draw more players and make less players get bored and inactive. It would ofcourse have to be optional so that people who don't want to take part in any PvP action are unaffected. You could earn battle points and there could be a separate Ranking system. :)

The question I ask myself is what would the rewards be? Too big rewards would maybe make it feel neccesary for people who dont want to do PvP to still do it, and too small would make it feel like a waste of troops.

DeletedUser1749

I have seen many post on this forum about abandoned neighborhoods. I myself am surrounded by dead villages. And have been that way for a couple of weeks now. This is proof that new players are finding little of interest and leaving the game at an alarming rate. Perhaps the game needs to have a selection of path. Warrior path or a merchant path, each with its own rewards and objectives.

I know there is talk of a tournament and will wait and see if it interests me. Otherwise my village will be added to the inactive heap.

Deleted User - 13667

Should this thread be considered as implemented with the introduction of Tournaments in the game?

Rimella

Adventurer
If the game involves PvP, I for one will stop playing! One reason I came to Elvenar is ecause I wanted to develop a town, peacefully. I know many players in the fellowships I am who think the same: we want a peaceful game.
For those craving for PvP, make it at the very least optional.

DeletedUser363

Of course, the new events of the last update have made this thread almost obsolete now:p

DeletedUser

same here. i came here to play because it is peaceful. If others want a battle game, then they need to find one elsewhere.

The main premise of Elvenar was that it was NOT a PVP, INNO have plenty of PVP games, lets leave this without thanks

I second to you. I don't care for PvPs and my reason to play Elvenar is because it is a peaceful game. I hope Inno keeps this game as non-PvP