• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

AW updates

nairobiny

Novice
Hi there. Sorry if this is raking over old ground, but I couldn't see much discussion of it over on these forums and my account doesn't seem to want to register for the US forums.

I've been playing Elvenar for about 15 months - yes, a relative newcomer. It's been a lot of fun. But the recent AW changes mean the fun is now over. I don't have enough spell fragments to upgrade my AWs, my KP are piling up and I've got nowhere to put them.

"You could," Inno interjects, "consider paying us a small sum to make the problem go away." And, indeed, I could. However, what would I be paying for? A little bit of pay-to-play is one thing. But capriciously changing the rules on a sixpence is quite another. How am I to know that, having paid over some money to solve this problem, Inno won't change the rules yet further to create some new problems? After all, they've just showed us that that's what they do.

Thank you for the good times, it was fun. But when the fun stops, stop.

SkyRider99

Immortal
But the recent AW changes mean the fun is now over.
Quite a few long term players are feeling that way too. :rolleyes:

The carnival is over.

1709302193217.png

A beautiful old song from an Australian group called 'The Seekers' - The Carnival is Over

Stucon

Illusionist
I have to admit to being someone that thinks spending (say) £10 a month for the game seems reasonable.
BUT
The first time I was about to plunge in with my hard earned, Inno changed the tournaments.
Once that had settled down, I again considered a regular (or possibly an irregular) payment.
Then the AW farce happened.
@nairobiny is absolutely correct. What is the point if Inno decide to make a significant change once again.
For Example; players who haven't purchased 'n' (algebra, sorry) in the last 12 months will no longer be able to earn diamonds from the Spire of Eternity. Easy to code and their argument could be, that it is an extra reward for those who regularly spend money. Cue, mass exodus and the whole world of the game changes.
No apologies Inno, You will not be getting any money from me. You are too fickle.

SkyRider99

Immortal
Sorry if this is raking over old ground, but I couldn't see much discussion of it over on these forums
You will see fewer posts on this thread now @nairobiny since it appears that quite a number of replies to your original posting have become the victim of the thought police and Minitrue. But don't despair, and keep posting.

One example of the AW travesty is the costs now imposed to upgrade one of my favourite AWs, the Golden Abyss:

1712101589209.png

I may think about upgrading next Christmas, only if Santa brings me SFs, CCs, and RRs. It will need to be a superfluous abundance though! A plethora even!!