• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived AW buildings disappear & reappear

DeletedUser6404

Hi!

Don't know if someone already reported about this, but has happened many times: The Ancient Wonder extra buildings on the mountain disappear from my city (like the Martial Monastery & Crystal Lighthouse extras). Happens just sometimes when you go around helping other people on your map & they again appear on low chapter players cities, which is obvious that they haven't even researched them yet.

Happened today. Should have taken a screenshot, sorry. Anyway it seems to always correct itself though.

DeletedUser6357

There are many wandering phantoms in the game.
In my opinion, it is due to the technology of Adobe, to which, thank goodness!, she did not have much to live with.

DeletedUser6404

It happened again, so here is the screenshot. You can see my CL but nothing on the mountain. Martial Monastery one missing too. Also a blue bar appears at the bottom. Logged out & back in and it was alright again for a while, then it did it again! Same thing happens with 3 different computers...
Buildingsdissapear.jpg

m4rt1n

Adept
The same thing happens to me, but usually corrects itself after a while.

Deleted User - 384643

Same here. Sometimes one or more of the mountain buildings is missing, but usually reappears again after I log out and in again.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I think it's linked to memory issues, I have a big city and from time to time, if I don't logout regularly, up to half the buildings are missing when I visit someone from PC... or the background is missing from the app... one-two more upgrades and we'll need to go to Houston to use computers from the NASA to play this game...
Flashplayer is perhaps enough to plant 20 salads in My Little Farm... but bugging with a ridiculous amont of 2.5D buildings in a city a fourth the size of a Simcity town that was runing perfectly on 90s computers... This is a joke... My computer runs smoothly real 3D games like Far Cry and can't hold this static one... My windows benchmark test is 6.4 only for the HD speed (4 mechanical SATA HDs in raid 10) and all the other mesures are between 7 and 7.5...

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1634960

As I am sure I have said before, any time graphics disappear from your game, it is time to restart, Flash is getting tired. :eek:
@tonton-des-bois Comparing apples and oranges rarely advances any rational discussion. All browser-based games using Flash run into this issue eventually. Just restart your game and get on with it.;)

DeletedUser6357

Just restart your game and get on with it.;)
This is very good advice.
But it is not relevant to the modern world. ;)
I have 4G LTE internet access. My traffic is limited.
When I started playing Elvenar, the game took about a quarter of my monthly traffic. As my city progresses, it is now taking 3/4 of my monthly traffic.
And you advise me to restart the antique Flash player of Adobe and make even more traffic!
How do you think - will I make viral marketing and recommend the game to my acquaintances and friends?

DeletedUser6404

Rilian, It is a browser/ flash thing I know. The game works fine nevertheless and just needs refreshing. I'm a lot on the computer and have many tabs on top of Elvenar open usually on the browser. Empty history, downloads, close browser & CClean all and Voalá! It works again just fine :supply:;)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
[...]
@tonton-des-bois Comparing apples and oranges rarely advances any rational discussion.[...]
I'm sorry but Simcity that was born in 1989 is the mother of all the endless city builder games, it was using 2.5D (also called isometric 3D) and you had to grow your own city by balancing residences, workplaces, shops, spare-time activities, roads, etc... And because its creator coded it all and didn't use a third-tier core like flash, it required a ridiculous amount of memory and a tiny pre-pentium processor... It also didn't require to be upgraded each week to work on 3 legs...
You are only partially right tough, Simcity was perhaps using less graphic art... but was also evolving in real time and not only 1 time when you build/remove a building... so I compared a real apple (simcity) to a cheap, flashy, bling bling and pretentious picture of an apple (elvenar)... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser219

Let's get some perspective here. The original Simcity was 2D, not isometric, that came a little later. It used very basic graphics, and once you created your zones you had no control over what buildings went there. When I bought it, it came on a single density floppy disk and its size and memory usage were measured in kilobytes. There was no one to help you get over issues, unless you could find another fan on a BBS. It was a great game, and is still ranked among the top sellers of all time, but, aside from the basic premise, it is nothing like Elvenar.

@Viskyar I'm sorry, but the modern world uses a lot more than a gigabyte of bandwidth in a month. I, too, have a 4G LTE connection. I use it for phone calls. For serious gaming I use a wired connection as it is not dependant on the weather.

DeletedUser6271

I used to cry every time a tornado or was it the Godzilla thing came and crushed my city.......

anyhow - I have noticed a building disappearing from my city a few days ago - it was an Elixer production (L1) it kinda only displayed half the building but I could not move it and I could place another building over the top - I ended up just building another one over the top.

I did not take any screenshots nor took any notice on the impact of population/stats (still a young city - chapter 3) etc - kinda built over the top of it then thought I prob should have taken some notes -
just took it as a once off rare glitchy thing. if it happens again I'll take notes etc.

re, other artifacts in gameplay - more so when things just disappear and then come back - this happens quite a bit with me - once again not a real concern as they come back and do not appear to impact any stats - I consider this only a graphics glitch. or internet burp lol

I often battle with what I call "ghost troops" - no troops rendered on the screen - refreshing can fix this and learn to battle with using the panel down the bottom of the screen to feedback whats going on in the field.

with my out loud ramblings in the chat earlier today to see if any other fellows have seen the same things - I come to the conclusion that the "glitches" started to happen and progressively got worse since I updated flash last week.

and concluded that flash has much to do with these types of things - and does kinda make sense anyhow. -

My PC has been up for over a month now and I generally stay logged in 24/7 - so I'm thinking it's time to clear cache and a reboot today!
it actually possible that the flash update did not take correctly and needs the reboot to finalise the install or something along the line of that.

:)

Deleted User - 1634960

@King Wally Leaving your PC on is fine, staying logged into Elvenar as long is the PC is on is just asking for these 'glitches'. :eek:
If something seems to disappear from your city, please contact us. 'Building over the top of it' can cause other problems. We have had a few cases of broken cities.o_O (But only contact us after you have restarted the game);)

DeletedUser6271

@Rilian - yep have rebooted, refreshed, restarted - even trying playing on different browsers to see what happens - finding game glitches are getting worse in the last couple of days - will put in a support request/report of my findings -

looking at game behaviour - finding glitches tend to happen when a popup noticed is pushed (intermittent) - on closing the notice glitches happen from workshops not able to collect or re-order through to collections are partially counted - the first time I just thought I missed a workshop or something and forgot to collect - it's happend a couple of times today (since the adventure started).

also, notice if the game glitches - many times if I refresh a popup notice comes up instantly - (a standard game notice that is) - suggesting that the game tried to push a notice and something went wrong and glitched - refreshing clears the glitch and the popup becomes visible.

noticed when using MS edge browser the browser header changes with "waiting for server response" type of error message - kinda looks like I can collect supplies and locally on pc does what it needs to do but the server does not get the information and something hangs. either server or browser end.(jmt)

anyhow - gonna take some screenshots and put in a finding report to support (in case my city blows up)
:)

Last edited by a moderator: