• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Automatic movement on tourney map

kurgkurg

Conjurer
It's a very nice update that there need to do fewer clicks on the PC when doing the tournament and if the fight is won, it automatically moved to the next province. But there would need to be added another choice somewhere if you want the provinces to make the so-called “backward” order - from harder to lighten.
It's a far more economical and convenient way to make high tournament results than at first making the first round until the end and then reversing the order back, the biggest and heaviest provinces before. It's still annoying right now to manually track down the right province and shift back and forth along the map all the time.

m4rt1n

Adept
It's a very nice update that there need to do fewer clicks on the PC when doing the tournament and if the fight is won, it automatically moved to the next province. But there would need to be added another choice somewhere if you want the provinces to make the so-called “backward” order - from harder to lighten.
It's a far more economical and convenient way to make high tournament results than at first making the first round until the end and then reversing the order back, the biggest and heaviest provinces before. It's still annoying right now to manually track down the right province and shift back and forth along the map all the time.

I don't quite understand, for me it run's upwards to the next available province fight, just like it has been on the app for several years now.

You want to start fighting tourney fights from hardest first, an unusual approach if I understand, where would that start? The furthest away, to get there you need to unlock it first in order.

Fighting down the order being more economical is a matter of opinion, however I see you up in the top 10 on Arendyll regularly with extreme tournament scores so congrats for that. :)

Jake65

Sage
This makes sense, I'm going to try it. Albeit scrolling to the hardest province each time.
Do the hardest that have huge squad sizes first and as your troop stock drops so does the required squad size.

I tend to not have enough troops in the high provinces so end up using troops which aren't optimal for the specific battle. Going backwards should solve that :)

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I don't quite understand, for me it run's upwards to the next available province fight, just like it has been on the app for several years now.

You want to start fighting tourney fights from hardest first, an unusual approach if I understand, where would that start? The furthest away, to get there you need to unlock it first in order.

Fighting down the order being more economical is a matter of opinion, however I see you up in the top 10 on Arendyll regularly with extreme tournament scores so congrats for that. :)
Before the update it moved to the next available fight, which with zero cooldown meant staying in the same province. If you wanted to do the whole of the first round before completing provinces you had to re-open the tournament icon and click on the next province, so twice as much clicking. (On the first week of a double-header I'd do the first round before feeding the polar bear to avoid this, but on the second week there was no getting away from it) It changed with the update.

However, while I really appreciate less clicking, I'm getting vertigo from all the swooping around the map, so if this could be fixed I'd be very grateful :D.

kurgkurg

Conjurer
I do always all available provinces, all 6 rounds. Lot of clicking actually :D
The smartest way is to use your biggest troops reserves for the highest provinces and finish with the easiest. With Timewarp and polar bear, you don't have waiting time, but for using this system you need to do the first round first to the end and then rounds 2-6 in every province, coming back from the biggest province to the first ones.

But in game AI leads you automatically to the next easiest province all the time.
I play mostly on PC, so I don't know how it works on the app actually. But on PC there were changes lately. Better now, but could be even more :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I do always all available provinces, all 6 rounds. Lot of clicking actually :D
The smartest way is to use your biggest troops reserves for the highest provinces and finish with the easiest. With Timewarp and polar bear, you don't have waiting time, but for using this system you need to do the first round first to the end and then rounds 2-6 in every province, coming back from the biggest province to the first ones.

But in game AI leads you automatically to the next easiest province all the time.
I play mostly on PC, so I don't know how it works on the app actually. But on PC there were changes lately. Better now, but could be even more :)

It worked on the app with automatic movement to the next available tourney province for as long as I remember, however this feature is new to the PC version, I find troop selection a lot easier on the app than on PC as on the app your and enemy troops are clearly in the colours to make a very quick decision, hopefully one day we will get full parity.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I too am a member of the Reverse Order Club. If you run out of troops in the low provinces, it's easy to timer. You'd need a heck of a whole lot more timers to have enough to fight the higher provinces. Fight the higher provinces when you have more troops. Don't like the new whooshing tourney map.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I too am a member of the Reverse Order Club.
I am a member of the Choose Your Own Order club. Whether it's forward, reverse, or zigzagging straight lines through the map like I used to be able to do, we should have a choice! *fist in air motion* :p