• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ask the Devs on Discord!

SkyRider99

Immortal
You know, one thing that really bugs me now, is that they are moving the forum to a chat platform but at the same time won't do a thing about the very poor chat in the game not to mention the antiquated messaging system... :mad:

1699064296936.png

Hekata

Artisan
I do have 2 questions I hope someone asks the devs:

1. Are we ever going to get some new prizes in the Spire? The artifacts are not particularly exiting. I wouldn't mind seeing some more expiring buildings there. For instance the one that makes spectral stones comes to mind or some others that are occasionally grand /premium prizes in events (Ferris Wheels, Ludibria Ventis etc...)
2. Are we ever going to get a chapter with some new mechanics? And by that I mean something other than guest races as we've had 16 chapters with those so far and we're currently recycling them.

Gytha

Dreamer
Perhaps it is time for Elvenar2? Other games seem to do it. Something with unicorns maybe? People seem to like them. There are still plenty of mythical creatures to choose from that Inno hasn't touched yet. Hope it would have a forum.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I do have one question to which you may have an answer. You said that there are more registered players there than on the forums. So are the total numbers of all players registered on Discord being compared to all the players registered on all the forums?

There have been 11 threads used in the last 24 hours and 22 in the last week. How many threads are we supposed to participate on weekly bases for it to count? I've been using the forum for a very long tme now and I remember the days when there were a lot more active people on the forum (but also a lot more active players in the game I think) but I don't remember ever having more than a dozen active threads at the same time.
To reply, yes we are comparing like for like, so all Forums and all Elvenar Discord regardless of the server.

It is almost how long is a piece of string for this as impossible to really answer. We do though look at how many unique users are posting, to be able to look at diversity. This helps us see how many players are posting rather than how many posts as some players can be very prolific whereas others may post rarely.

Basically it is all about engagement and whether a specific platform is actively engaging players or not.

Yes indeed we know here that nothing is personal, we all understand the frustrations as we are all avid Elvenar players, who through the passion we share with you all had us on the other side of the curtain.

Personally I would like to add that I love that you are all so passionate here, your love for the game and each other really shines through and I have not seen that so much on the other Forums I frequent (trust me there's quite a few of these).

It may not always seem like it but you are being seen and heard. I hope this helps :)

Hekata

Artisan
Thanks for your answers @Silmaril.
Personally I would like to add that I love that you are all so passionate here, your love for the game and each other really shines through and I have not seen that so much on the other Forums I frequent (trust me there's quite a few of these).
In light of what you said here, I do hope that, if only a few forums could survive, this one is the front runner :)

Hekata

Artisan
Here's a recap of what the Devs have during the "ask the Devs" days on Discord. The last bullet is particularly interesting :)

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please enjoy this recap about "Ask the Devs 2023," and check out all the points we have been addressing. For our most interesting points, we want to mention a few:

- Our Devs confirmed that up to Chapter 30 has been planned.
- We have received confirmation that our Devs will slowly work for alternatives regarding Event Quests for early chapters (1-4)
- We have news regarding the prizes on the Spire, especially from Bosses: Our Devs are taking community suggestions to improve these.
- Our Devs confirmed they are working on a lot of new interesting improvements for our Spire!
- Our Devs are considering adding an extra layer of security when deleting Ancient Wonders.
- In the future, our Devs may touch base on the Fellowship Adventures rewards, but not on a short-term basis.
- Our developers confirmed that the Forums will remain open for now, but there is no final answer as to whether they will be closed or not in the future.

We hope you get the most about these awesome updates.

*Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team.*

Hekata

Artisan
One thing that hasn't been mentioned in the recap is the answer to a question about making NH with one click (fro whatever reason it can't be copy / pasted so I took a screen shot).
And they also asked about a new messing system and got... *crickets* :(
Most questions were about the Spire and they did indeed say that some new stuff/changes were coming soon.

NH.png

Last edited:

SkyRider99

Immortal
It would be helpful indeed but what about players like me who don't have a preferred kind oh NH and like getting a bit of all 3? :confused:
Maybe the 'NH preference' option will be de-selectable. For example, if a player doesn't tick any preference then the NH received will be open to donor's choice?

1699921628041.png
:)

Anyway, it hasn't happened yet, and seems to be on a (long) list of Devs' things-to-do. :cool:

Hekata

Artisan
Maybe the 'NH preference' option will be de-selectable. For example, if a player doesn't tick any preference then the NH received will be open to donor's choice?

View attachment 8083 :)

Anyway, it hasn't happened yet, and seems to be on a (long) list of Devs' things-to-do. :cool:
I hope so, but just to be sure: @Herodite any chance you could remind the devs, while they are still pondering on the best way to implement better neighbourly help that some players do in fact like to get all 3 types :)

OldHag

Necromancer
I would rather ask the Devs on the forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen a Dev reply to anything on the forums, despite the pages and pages of ideas/suggestions. At least if they answered on the forums, their replies would remain here for any new comers to read.

Last edited: