• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Artifact Fragments

Jackluyt

Shaman
Artifact Fragments

I believe there is an unhappy defect in the current system of evolving buildings.
  • At present one can easily make six or seven of the artifacts required to evolve an event grand prize building; another two are usually offered in an FA following immediately after the event, so most players can evolve to level 9 or 10.
    This is not ideal, because it ties us into having more FA's per year than the four that many players would be comfortable with - and it offers artifacts as prizes in FA's which many players don't want because they are not going to place the building.
    This makes the FA less popular to many people who want special prizes that they can use
    :)

• Having artifacts as prizes in the Spire of Eternity also prevents the designers from offering other prizes that everyone would want.

• We all have dozens of artifacts cluttering our inventory, keeping them just in case the designers find some future use for them - like a conversion option to another kind of artifact - or perhaps even an 'universal artifact' one day.
    The designers are not keen to introduce Universal Artifacts because that makes fully-evolved prize buildings too 'cheap' - and that would upset the players who used real money to evolve theirs...

• At present, the designers offer as crafting recipes the rare, powerful vintage buildings from previous events, like the Phoenixes and the Bears.
    This allows newcomers to the game to collect these powerful buildings - but at present there is no easy way for them to evolve them fully.

Here is my suggestion - 'Artifact Fragments'

160294361_10218807498039152_2919091987264557482_n.jpg

I am hoping they will consider 'Artifact Fragments' in future - little things similar to Rune Shard Fragments, that once could collect in many places like tourny, Spire, FA and events, and perhaps birthday give-aways and log-in bonuses - and when you have enough, you could forge an Universal Artifact for any evolving building you chose.

I think 'Artifact Fragments' would really work well! You could also break up unwanted Artifacts in your store to declutter, and make them into fragments.

I do hope the designers consider my idea! They do not want Artifacts to be common or cheap - this way they could control how many fragments would make one artifact, preserving rarity value - and everyone would be happy. We would also not need as many FA's - because we would now have another source of Artifacts to complete our event buildings. And even if it took months to collect enough - as many as one or two hundred - everyone would eventually be able to fully evolve all their special buildings!!

Giving fragments in the Bonus Tournament Chests would make them more attractive - at present they only give1 Knowledge Point and 1 RR Spell - which makes them pretty ordinary. Giving a few fragments would make the bonus chest so much more attractive!
The same applies to Fellowship Adventures which are far from universally popular, with many players hating them. Give one fragment for every waypoint that a fellowship completes would do a lot, I believe, to make FA's more popular. And if we had fewer FA's because of the new system, the designers could bring back the crafting challenges with fragments as prizes, or some new more powerful mini-event between the big ones, alternating with FA's.

Artifact fragments would make Evolving Buildings a more popular option too - many players like myself seldom place these - which is a pity, given all the work the designers put into creating these!

I do hope this idea will be passed on to the designers for consideration!!
:):)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 341074

For the FA:
The current FA gives 2 artifacts.
The FA has 54 regular spots, 18 tri-color spots, plus 3 starting flags.
  • 5 AF per tri-color
  • 2 AF per regular spot
  • 1 AF per flag
Gives you 201 Artifact Fragments
Doing just one path each stage would give 67 AF which is a lower reward, but
There would actually be a reason to do more than 1 path!

For the Spire:
The current spire gives ~5.5 artifacts per 6-week run
  • 1 AF per encounter
  • 2 AF per gate
  • 3 AF per boss
  • 2 AF per FS gate
Gives you 63 Artifact Fragments +24 from FS rewards for 5.22 Artifacts per 6-week run in a Gold Spire FS.

For the tournament:
  • 1 AF per chest?
  • 1 AF per Royal Restoration?
I don't really have an opinion on AF in the tournament as I feel it's pretty well balanced already

Last edited by a moderator: