• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Announcement: Hide Building options in Browser version.

Killiak

Artisan
Dear Humans and Elves, Due to popular demand, we are very pleased to introduce the hide buildings option for our browser players.

From the 25th of September, if you are playing the Beta server, you will be able to hide buildings when you are organizing your city. This option will show up when you start moving Buildings.
If everything goes well, this feature will become available on the Live servers starting on the 28th. So, from here onward, this option will be already active on mobile. If you haven't seen what this is about yet, please check out the video and a couple of images below!

Kind regards, Your Elvenar Team

Short Video

1695379488076.png

1695379492569.png

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
It is annoying though that the video is shared as a downloadable .mov format on Discord and not just a simple Youtube video link that is easily shareable. For all we know, the .mov file could contain a virus ;) And I don't want Orc Dung inside my pc, thank you very much :p

sunrae

Soothsayer
So pleased we can do this now except although I downloaded the film, theres no audio and it does not show how to use the option. Nothing has changed to the move function in my city and I can't work it out, *scratches head*

Killiak

Artisan
It says it's already available but I don't have it in either of my cities. Is this just on beta for now?

Edit: found the answer - it's from the 25th on beta and from the 28th on live :)

So pleased we can do this now except although I downloaded the film, theres no audio and it does not show how to use the option. Nothing has changed to the move function in my city and I can't work it out, *scratches head*

Yes, the announcement was edited on Discord.
I have edited my message now.

Hekata

Artisan
Having wished for it for a few years, I think I have enough patience to wait 5 more days. That's less time than it takes to 'scout-a-province' ! :)
I'm super happy about this! Moving buildings and organising my city is my favourite part of the game and this is going to make it sooo much easier. And it's going to be especially useful for FA planning (and rebuilding after) :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm super happy about this! Moving buildings and organising my city is my favourite part of the game and this is going to make it sooo much easier. And it's going to be especially useful for FA planning (and rebuilding after)
Me too, so far I have been using the app then back to PC along with Elven Architect via Elven Stats for the latest and reloading 10+ times to try and re-find the hidden holes after moving a building 1 by1. :)

Hekata

Artisan
Architect is a life save for reorganising buildings. I will still use it when big changes to the layout are required but the option to hide buildings should be perfect for smaller changes and for locating those tiny culture buildings that I keep loosing track of.
In fact I have a black unicorn that I have been moving around for years now and I always forget where I have moved it. It has become sort of a "spot the Unicorn" game now that I play when I have to wait for few minutes for a production to finish :)

Russ129

Adventurer
I just noticed I have the 'hide buildings' option.
I love all the colour co-ordinated building groups, but now I need a colour chart. :)
dark yellow MH,MA builders
yellow residence
pale yellow wonders
light blue workshops
purple event buildings
red troop buildings
black/grey expired time limited buildings

they all have little icons in the middle to give clues too

McBratty

Enchanter
Im so glad we have finally got this feature as its super useful. I can never remember what I have where so being able to use this feature helps me locate things like AWs, or those little 1x1 space fillers that were chapters out of date! Yesterday I discovered that I had actually planted a particular AW that I didnt think I had...happy days.

OldHag

Necromancer
Thanks @Russ129
There is also pink for Manus and settlement buildings and Green for the main settlement building.

didn't think I'd like it, but oh, baby, it just makes life so much simpler...you can actually SEE over the tall buildings and find the little squatty ones hiding behind them. It's great fun, like playing solitaire...it also shows where you actually hid the street blocks that you just cannot find...

Sir Derf

Adept
If just to be able to click those pesky little street tiles the first time when rearranging the city, this is a godsend. I mean, I know there's one little square still hiding behind that building, I can see it when I temporarily shift that building, but then selecting it after I put that building back, that's tricky.