• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Am unhappy with lots of my neighbours

HI,

I play the game everyday, and try to visit all my neighbours. As I am expanding, I keep getting new neighbours. Many are just beginners, but with time I see they are not playing.
I have resorted to visiting back those who visit me, instead of going through the whole map.

I would like to have more neighbours that do play, also because it is important for the trading. I am lucky that I am in a great fellowship, but good trading neighbours are missing.
And it would be nice to have neighbours that are not producing the same as me.

What can be done about it?

MagicTasha

DeletedUser5319

Players that are inactive on a realm for 30+ days are deleted and replaced on the world map. So in time people do come back. Trading is mostly ideal for FS. The FS is intended for trading with other players that is why top FS even out which boosted goods are in the fellowship.

So in time those useless neighbours you have are met with retribution and judgement

DeletedUser5551

The mechanism is set for 30+ days, but it often takes longer for the sweep to happen, and if the city meets the criteria for removal, it will be deleted. If the city is Chapter 4 or beyond, or if the player has ever purchased diamonds, it won't be deleted.

As for neighbors who produce the same as you, there's nothing you can do about it.

If you want your city to be moved to a more active neighborhood, make sure you have the box checked for that.

On your game screen, there is a silver cog in the bottom right corner. Click it. Click the little wheel. In the interface, make sure the appropriate box is checked; note that it may take a while for you to be moved. Or you may want to contact in-game support and ask them for help.

2018-01-20.jpg

The mechanism is set for 30+ days, but it often takes longer for the sweep to happen, and if the city meets the criteria for removal, it will be deleted. If the city is Chapter 4 or beyond, or if the player has ever purchased diamonds, it won't be deleted.

As for neighbors who produce the same as you, there's nothing you can do about it.

If you want your city to be moved to a more active neighborhood, make sure you have the box checked for that.

On your game screen, there is a silver cog in the bottom right corner. Click it. Click the little wheel. In the interface, make sure the appropriate box is checked; note that it may take a while for you to be moved. Or you may want to contact in-game support and ask them for help.

View attachment 2334

Thank you, I found it. But does it mean I will loose the good neighbours?
I have completed 127 provinces, and only 8 neighbours visit me. Do I get shifted or moved completely to a different mapping?

DeletedUser5551

If you're moved, you don't have to re-scout anything, which is good, but you may lose those 8 neighbors. Just to cover your bases, so to speak, you may want to talk to Support and see if you have options.

cwgiii

Shaman
If the city is Chapter 4 or beyond, or if the player has ever purchased diamonds, it won't be deleted.

Which seems to be a gigantic proportion of the vacant cities surrounding me. But I am not complaining yet. Because I have a few really awesome active neighbors and a supportive Fellowship, I have been able to maintain trade levels and culture bonus from NH.

I personally believe something different should be done to resolve this continuing issue as has been described and discussed ad nauseum in other threads. I can see why Inno would not want to be able (or want) to delete cities that have purchased diamonds associated with them. However, I do not understand the seemingly arbitrary Chapter 4 threshold. Sure, these players are a bit more established and may feel that that have a modicume of "skin in the game", but there are sooooo many reasons that they might choose to leave the game at that level or beyond. This dead wood is serving no purpose other than to possibly indicate a false sense of player activity (IMHO).

I did like the suggestion posed somewhere in the Forum earlier to move these ghost towns to a "bone yard" on the outskirts of each world. That way, the cities are not deleted, Inno keeps it's diamond funds and numbers, returning players (if there are any) can earn their way back into active areas quickly by actually participating again and selecting the existing option in settings to be moved back into live playing areas. Wins all around.

Even if a returning player does not wish to "earn their way back", they can always create a new profile. I suspect this is where the vast majority of ghost towns are generated anyway (people looking for their ideal location, boosted goods, etc.).

DeletedUser3097

DeletedUser5551

@cwgiii I agree completely.

@Dizzy Lizzie I know of one instance on the US server where a player was able to get help in that fashion. Granted, that was some time ago, but hey, it's worth a shot. :p