• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Adventure Waypoint Locks

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
Hi all, while the path highlight is a step in the right direction, I think it would be even more helpful to introduce a way to either highlight or even better, lock individual points, so that valuable badges can't be accidentally added to the wrong points...
This would be particularly helpful for those who follow more than one path, or take a meandering route through...
Regards,
Autumn Goldleaf

m4rt1n

Adept
The idea of the FA was originally to bring communication to your fellowship so I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Relax and let members place a badge to be on the map or make your fellowship rules such that members who don't follow instructions for the adventure will be removed.

My choice these days is to say the FA has destroyed many good fellows I have had over the years and led to some quitting the game entirely, we play for escape and relaxation, not to have to destroy a beautiful city for the crappiest prizes in the game available, FOMO at its best.

@Autumn Goldleaf no offence meant to you in my post, but to say this question gets asked every adventure since the first adventure, hence my reply. :)

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
The idea of the FA was originally to bring communication to your fellowship so I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Relax and let members place a badge to be on the map or make your fellowship rules such that members who don't follow instructions for the adventure will be removed.

My choice these days is to say the FA has destroyed many good fellows I have had over the years and led to some quitting the game entirely, we play for escape and relaxation, not to have to destroy a beautiful city for the crappiest prizes in the game available, FOMO at its best.

@Autumn Goldleaf no offence meant to you in my post, but to say this question gets asked every adventure since the first adventure, hence my reply. :)

Surely if it is asked for every Adventure, and some steps have been made to address the issue, then it IS something that should be taken further into consideration by the developers...
Just because YOU think it's a waste of time, doesn't mean others don't enjoy the Adventures and want to participate in them....
It is entirely up to each player and Fellowship whether or not they wish to participate in the Adventures or other aspects of the game...
I am sooo tired of the negativity I see both here and in the Facebook groups... It would be really great if players were more constructive and positive in their comments... ♡
* Another bonus of being able to individually highlight or lock, is that it would be really helpful for language barriers...

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
I personally don´t mind either way. We have a pretty good setup by now and we lose very few badges to "wrong" WPs, but it took us years to get there, I understand not everybody wants to spend this amount of effort on it. On the other hand: If we lose badges, because we didn´t do it perfectly so be it.
The way I see it it is a small bonus for the ones who put in a lot of effort and a small loss to those that don´t. Since it is the same for everybody I don´t mind it at all losing a few badges...