• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other A new Building or spell to alter Rune type

DeletedUser

[Summary]: Simply, all players have different Ancient Wonders they find useful and want to build. Very few players, if any, will build all the AW's. This means there will always be rune types that are useless to players. In addition to that is the fact that players frequently receive runes for AW's they already built. This creates even more useless runes.

Suggestions for this issue:
A Rune Smith building where you could change a Rune from one type to another.
A new spell that would do the same thing.
Or, as previously suggested, a spell to select what rune type you receive when completing a province.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Yes. Someone did suggest a spell to "select which rune type we would like to collect after a completed province". Such a spell would be another solution to the problem. However, my thread is to more fully discuss the problem of unusable runes and contains additional ideas.

[Details]: The 'Rune Smith' building would be a place where you could pay (coins, supplies, goods, and/or non-boosted relics) to alter a Rune from one type to another type you select. (I.E. Change a Mountain Halls rune to a Prosperity Towers rune.) As collecting runes to build an Ancient Wonder is suppose to take some time and be at least a bit challenging, this process could take some length of time such as 2 - 4 days in order to maintain balance.

Alternatively, a spell that would do the same thing and would take a similar number of days to create.

Another possible solution would be the spell someone else previously suggested to "select which rune type we would like to collect after a completed province".

[Reasons for Implementing]: Constantly getting runes for Ancient Wonders you have already built and upgraded. Right now I have 25 runes that are completely useless to me, most of which are for Ancient Wonders I have already built. Even considering the fact that I will end up needing most of those runes to upgrade my AW's to level 15, there will undoubtedly still be at least several runes that are useless. Meanwhile, with the addition of six new AW's (some of which I would like to build) and the fact that scouting provinces takes 2+ days plus a lot of resources to complete... I can't see myself ever acquiring the necessary runes to build any more Ancient Wonders which is, frankly, rather discouraging. I was already questioning how long it would take to get the runes for the Fairies Ancient Wonders. With the addition of six more AW's, it has become increasingly frustrating to spend 2-3 days scouting and completing a province only to receive a rune for an Ancient Wonder you have already built and upgraded. When this happens several times in a row, as it frequently does, it makes me question whether I really want to build more Ancient Wonders and that is sad because some of them are pretty cool.

Also, having useless runes laying around that you worked hard to get is just really annoying. Similar to how non-boosted relics used to be before spells. Even if everyone doesn't like the spells, at least the relics have some purpose other than collecting pixel dust for eternity.

[Balance]: As I mentioned above, acquiring all of the runes to build an Ancient Wonder is suppose to take some time and effort so any spell or building implemented would need to take that into consideration.

DeletedUser1974

I agree, something needs to be done about this. Simple solution, all runes should be blank and can be inserted into any AW, at that time, like it does now, it will determine if it fits or breaks.

DeletedUser1974

Not sure what you mean by buying them, you would still get the runes after defeating a province, but the rune would be blank and could be inserted into any AW. Something needs to be done as I have over 70 useless runes (between Crystal and Martial AW).

DeletedUser

I agree something needs to be done to speed up the runes. I don't mind buying a few from time to time to speed it up but the collection rate is ridiculously slow let alone mentioning you work hard to complete a providence and then getting a rune you can't use as you have already built the building. This is even more of a issue because of the new wonders available now. Even with the runes you can get from tournaments it is still way to slow a collection rate. I would rather get a broken rune to getting a rune for a building I have already built.

DeletedUser1974

As a clarification, the runes you find will be a sparkly, shiny, rainbow colored ruin that can be inserted into any AW. I would suggest that the ruin would have a 90+% chance of success in a Secret AW, 80-90% chance in the Elven/Human AW, 70-80% chance in the Dwarven AW, etc..

DeletedUser72

An alternate idea for balancing a rune changing spell. An option would be given on what type of rune you would like. Example to this lets say: Sercret, Human( or Elf), Dwarf, or Fairy. You can not choose exactly what rune you would get. But rather get a small chance for one or the other. There would also have to be a chance to break the rune into a shard and to completely destroy the rune. Would have a decent risk/reward value. As said before, the spell would have to take a long time.

On a personal note, I would welcome a rune changing option of any sort. I have over 260 provinces completed and it takes almost 2 days to open a new province. I had well into a hundred completed when AW as introduced. And I have such bad luck with runes I have finally decided to upgrade Sanctuary because I have so many of them. Thank you for your time.

DeletedUser

Not sure what you mean by buying them, you would still get the runes after defeating a province, but the rune would be blank and could be inserted into any AW. Something needs to be done as I have over 70 useless runes (between Crystal and Martial AW).

You can use diamonds to complete the rune rings. What I'm saying is that this is obviously intended to be difficult since making it hard encourages people to pay for it. It also encourages ppl to quit but as long as games make more profit from people who play than they perceive losses from ppl quitting, this won't change.

DeletedUser1657

One option with useless runes could be that you can trade them with other players. Maybe inside FS only or with the people you have found on the map so ones who like to play alone won't be excluded.

Deleted User - 1634960

Somebody asked for a comment. ;)
As a player, this would be nice. My game account has over 100 runes for my racial AWs. I am trying to complete the dwarven wonders, and have had reasonable luck with the runes I have found for them so they are sitting at 7/9 and 8/9). Before I research the Fairy wonders (or the new ones) I want to get those circles complete.
Any spell (and spell would be better than building, look what happened with the MA), that altered rune type would have to be semi-random. In other words, it would allow you to select the Wonder, but not the slot it fits in. For someone who is in my position, that is going to lead to a lot of broken Runes (I have terrible luck with computerised 'random' numbers). As a Moderator, this is less than ideal ("I didn't get the rune I wanted. Please fix.") But even with those provisos, it's better than the current situation.:cool:

DeletedUser1974

If the rune breaks, at least you get a chance to use it. It is kind of useless sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

DeletedUser

Maybe we could bind 2 runes of ancient wonders to make one preferred aw rune. That way we get what we want and not make it to easy because it costs you that extra rune. Or we should be able to break them into shards say 5 per aw rune so there is a penalty for breaking them as not to make it to easy. At least one of these options would be fair to the game and the player!!!!

DeletedUser1974

AW's are nice but, there are 12 of them now.
1. How is anyone starting out following the path supposed to have space for all of these. Having played to the end of fairies, there was always space problems without AW's.
2. The next problem is runes. Unless you make these more universal it is going to be a nightmare to get enough runes to unlock some of these. It can take up to 30 runes to unlock one, multiply that by 12 and then the randomness of getting the runes you need. Frustrating.

DeletedUser1706

Heh all great ideas! I didn't find this post until after I'd gone to support. I of course didn't realize that the more AWs you researched the less chance you'd have to obtain the shards you required as our fellowship mostly only had the 1st two on the go. Support did come back that all buildings including those that are completed are still in the random assortment to award shards in order to not make it to easy to complete them. I recommended that they consider some kind of "reuse" system, like maybe 10 shards on a completed building can be used as one shard towards any AW building of your choice. Chose 10 as that's the magic number for the broken shard bonus. They said they'd pass on the suggestion, so if reply here to your ideas, maybe attempt via that route! Cheers Cat

DeletedUser2023

Yes. This is a very good idea. I been hoping to get runes for needles of the tempest, alas no joy. I am an excess for Martial Monastery and crystal light house. :O To have the ability to make a useless rune into one you need (even if it takes a while) would be brilliant.

If its a building, then yes consideration on space my the Elvanar team would need to be considered. However binding excess runes, to ones you need, so to complete other AW..yep very good idea.

Topaz​

DeletedUser

I'd be fine with just the ability to break the ones you don't want. You could break 10 and then at least be able to select the wonder you do want to build and forge them into one of your missing shards on the wonder you want.

I do understand that they don't want you to do that, as you do need the runes for some upgrade levels of the wonders. But it seem like something that players want, so having the freedom to do so would be o.k.

DeletedUser1957

I haven't read all of this thread - but I was also feeling frustrated about the increasing number of Martial Monastery runes I was collecting. Until I reached level 5 for this Ancient Wonder and then all it required was runes to upgrade it to level 6. So I was able to do 2 upgrades in 2 days. I still have around 15 runes for this wonder left over after the upgrade, but I am assuming that they will also get used at a higher level... So the excess runes from completed AWs are not wasted. Just thought I'd share.

DeletedUser

At the least, don't give runes or shards where a building already has a full set, even if not yet built. That would avoid getting useless shards. Alternatively let us use surplus runes and shards for upgrades.