• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A Gateway into the Past

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Event: A Gateway into the Past.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jackluyt

Shaman
The 'A Gateway Into The Past' event runs from August 2nd until August 23rd. It features an interesting new game screen.
Read all about it here! https://tinyurl.com/36ptuf4r
Official Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZ_O5ZawAk&t=5s
Note that the game version that we recorded in this note may not be identical to the version that comes to the live worlds.
Our note can be opened on any PC and does not require Facebook or any other special program to read / copy it.

295243184_10221282140423665_7370477008747552329_n.jpg

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Let there be ... fireworks. And popcorn. And no, this is NOT an Event spoiler...! ;)
ETA : Wow, that crept up on me quickly! I haven't recovered from the Great FA of Doom yet...! Eek.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Let there be ... fireworks. And popcorn. And no, this is NOT an Event spoiler...! ;)
ETA : Wow, that crept up on me quickly! I haven't recovered from the Great FA of Doom yet...! Eek.
I thought it was only me @Laurelin. :)

I am feeling burned-out from getting our FS into the Top-30 FA scores for the first time. Fortunately I had two or three great FS members to maintain the badge rage. At least in the case of an event I can don the metaphorical blindfold and aim for blissful ignorance.

Climate Warning: Ban all fireworks. o_O

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I'm actually looking forward to this event. I'm not sure whether I'll like it or not but it's good to see something different. :)

Jake65

Sage
I would urge everyone to watch the Youtube Video on this!!!

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Agreed. Reading the forum posts explaining how it works got me very confused. The video certainly makes the process easier to understand.
Maybe I'm more a visual person :)

As a side question, is there anyone who has done the event on Beta and can offer any 'warnings' on what not to do?
"Don't do xyz because it will come back to bite you" kind of tips.

Looking forward to it.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Agreed. Reading the forum posts explaining how it works got me very confused. The video certainly makes the process easier to understand.
Maybe I'm more a visual person :)

As a side question, is there anyone who has done the event on Beta and can offer any 'warnings' on what not to do?
"Don't do xyz because it will come back to bite you" kind of tips.

Looking forward to it.
If there is make sure to discuss it in the Beta Thread! No Spoilers :D

Alcaro

Necromancer
I liked it in Beta. Now I'm curious how much will be the daily currency > chips (in Beta were 20) and if they'll keep 4 chips/ draw (initially were 5).
I managed to get the whole set, the (ugly) portrait and one more building from the set without buying extra currency (1 day before the end of the event I bought 60 chips, hoping I will stay in the Gold league - I didn't :D).
I am also curious if will be reintroduced the tier 6 items. I think it's unfair to force us to combine 2 tier 5 items to get the 6th - like it wasn't hard enough to get the 5th tier.

Tips:
- delete the low offers (for 1 gem) and go for those giving 3 or 4 and offering the Lucky Draw cards with the highest percentage.
- if you don't remove the unwanted offers, if are completed by mistake/ chance, you can't discard them, you will have to accept them.

The 'A Gateway Into The Past' event runs from August 2nd until August 23rd. It features an interesting new game screen.
Read all about it here! https://tinyurl.com/36ptuf4r
Official Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZ_O5ZawAk&t=5s
Note that the game version that we recorded in this note may not be identical to the version that comes to the live worlds.
Our note can be opened on any PC and does not require Facebook or any other special program to read / copy it.

295243184_10221282140423665_7370477008747552329_n.jpg
This official video shows 4 chips per draw from the cup.
But, the in-game announcement about game tips featuring iDavis shows 5 chips per draw. Also, it features all 6 types of game pieces.

Don't know which one is correct! Any help? @Herodite

Laurelin

Sorcerer
But, the in-game announcement about game tips featuring iDavis shows 5 chips per draw. Also, it features all 6 types of game pieces.
.... These two factors will make a LOT of difference this time : the incoming Event is very much 'all about the maths' [ /waving to @Sir Derf... :) ]

I'd love to know the answer to this, too... Herodite? Just to speculate a bit, though... iDavis [NB : excellent personal site] is often correct wherever there's a discrepancy on this kind of thing, but then again, Inno often makes changes between Beta and Live... or even between Live and Live, sometimes, these days...! ;)

Actually - and I'll add a tag, this time - @Herodite : Has the Official Video for this Event - the non-iDavis version - been taken down? I can't seem to find it on YouTube or Facebook at the moment, unless I'm looking in some other place than the obvious one, i.e. Elvenar's Official Channels....?

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hey Guys! I'll be honest, I have no idea! :D

Because changes can be made between Beta and Live I never really know what may appear or what is correct! But I would probably recommend putting more trust in the Elvenar Official Video as we can never guarantee the validity of any third party content.

The Elvenar Official Youtube Video is deffo still there! Hang on...... dooo doo dooooo...

Try this LINK and let me know....

Kind Regards my Fiends!

Herodite

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Herodite : Thank you! No idea why that video didn't seem to come up, just scrolling through the (Official) Elvenar YouTube most recent uploads?

Also : they really are keeping you guys on your toes (the Mods, that is) ... BOTH of the videos - contradicting each other - are now uploaded on the Official Channel... with the in-game linked version, not surprisingly, attracting the large majority of attention. Er... fascinating! :D

Meanwhile : the ACTUAL plan is to surprise literally everyone by cancelling the Event at the last moment and ... re-running the FA instead. Hahaha.

Sorry.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman

Don't know which one is correct! Any help? @Herodite

Here is the official announcement dated July 13th:

Balancing changes
Dear Human and Elves,
Based on your feedback we have made the following changes in our event balancing, effective today:

• The costs for using cups has decreased from 5 to 4 Dwarven Chips.
  • Cups will not spawn tier 6 Game Pieces anymore, as we don't want players ending up stuck with pieces you can't disassemble.
We're looking forward to hearing your feedback on these changes!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

MarindorSig02.png

Thank you @Jackluyt.

I was following the discussion here and on beta forum. The official version (forum announcement) of the video was dated July 27th, whereas the in-game version by iDavis was dated July 29th. Just was not sure. I was hoping for a 4-chip version which spawn a level 6 game piece as well :p.

Last edited:

Laurelin

Sorcerer
  • Cups will not spawn tier 6 Game Pieces anymore, as we don't want players ending up stuck with pieces you can't disassemble.
Yes, thanks @Jackluyt :)

I think most of us who have been watching this Event on Beta were hoping for the 4-cost Cups *and* the chance of 'free' Tier 6 pieces, too. Oh well!

Also : just for clarity - especially for anyone who hasn't previewed the Event on Beta - the Tier 6 pieces don't have any unique properties, and none of the pieces can be 'disassembled' - so the phrasing here could be a little misleading without previous experience of how the Event works.

Sir Derf

Adept
INNO, what are you doing?

I've got a Figure on my board. It has a two gold blobs on the nose, and a gold collar with a circular gold-rimmed blue charm in the center.

When I hover over a Figure in the Offers to see the progression of Figures, I don't see it. I think the head shape matches Level 2, the Warrior, but the pictured Level 2 Figure has a golden Y on the face that covers the nose and the brows and does not have a collar.

There appears to be a similar issue with the Level 3 Figure.

Why don't your graphics match?