• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [9582]Quest: Continual Upgrades not working

DeletedUser277

Game version: 0.23.497-b996ba3-(master) (2015-08-25 10:15)
Game world: EN1
Browser + version: Chrome for Windows 10
Flash Player version: 18,0,0,232
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
Account name: Prendyo
Humans or Elves: Human
Hardware Acceleration: OFF

Reproducibility: 4/5

Quest title: Continual Upgrades

Current situation:
In my current version of the quest, I am asked to complete 3 x upgrades to level 6 or higher. However, after trying this twice now, completing first workshops (levels 6 -> 7) and then Residences (Level 5 -> 6) the quest tracker registered no competed steps towards completing the quest.

Expected situation:
The first time I tried this I thought I must have done something wrong so I declined the quest and tried it a day later, expecting it to work, but result is the same - no steps towards completing the quest registered on the tracker.

DeletedUser277

Update: I tried this quest again today and it worked fine! Not sure if that means its fixed or just a little random.

Would be good to know if anybody else has encountered any similar problems. Thanks

DeletedUser10

I have been testing this myself but have still been unable to reproduce any consistent results.
As soon as we determine the actual trigger that is causing it to fail we will report it.
Until then if anyone has noticed any patterns in reproducing this one, please let us know in this thread, thanks all.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
One of my fellows had same problem : upgrade residence not ending even when done... 'Decline" button is missing too...
I suggested her to flush browser cache, upgrade flash player to last release and reboot PC before to recheck this quest...
Suggested too to enable hardware acceleration and lower game details just in case it would be a side effect of some time out that bugs flash in some way...

DeletedUser277

This happened to me again today, when a residence upgrade from level 13 to level 14 completed, it failed to trigger my current repeatable quest, which required me to complete a residence of level 11 or above (called 'Noble Residences'). Not sure if it is coincidence, but it happened at the same time as the bug whereby the image of the newly upgraded residence disappeared and showed only grass (as described in this separate bug report thread).

It seems to be related to that specific (upgrade residences) repeatable quest as 15 minutes later I had a manufactury upgrade complete which did correctly trigger the 'Striving for improvement' repeatable quest (complete any building to level 11 or above).

DeletedUser3

Thanks Prendyo,

This is indeed still an issue with some quests for some players. We'll test and see if we can reproduce your findings, as that could indeed be a link :)

If anyone has a build/upgrade quest that doesn't complete, please leave the quest open, contact support and we will complete the quest for you so you can collect the reward.

DeletedUser277

Thanks for your response Amy.

I tested it again with the same (bugged) result that the quest (Noble Residences) failed to trigger on the completion of a residence of the correct qualifying level. However, this time the upgraded residence was visible and so was not affected by the other bug that makes them disappear sometimes.

I not really worried about losing the coins/supplies, just wanted to see if the bug was reproducible for me and it was.

DeletedUser234

Hello Support, I stuck with this quest for a while!!!
When I got this quest, I had 2 x Ancient Grounds already builded up... so when I got this quest I build 3rd one, but quest never "notice" it happen. So since I have no space in my city, I had to sell one of 3 x AG and to build a new one. AGAIN quest is NOT complete. So I did this with all 3 of them (sold 1 and then REBUILD it) but quest never got FINISH.
So can support look at my account and delete this quest please (I dont need quest reward, just want to come to next quest in chain).
If you can check the data-base I complete last Ancient Grounds today: 06. March 20016 at 19:30 central EU time, and have quest like WEEK ago.

HELP PLEASE!
Ancient%20Ground%20Quest%20Problem%20ELVENAR_zpsrltbyktr.jpg

DeletedUser1316

Hi Shubi -

Thank you for reporting this issue.

If you will, please contact support through the support system. This will allow them to look at your account individually and identify what is going on.

I will also be moving this to the bugs section while I investigate the quest myself.

DeletedUser814

Hello Shubi,

As this is a confirmed issue that has been dealt with in a support ticket, I have moved this thread to the confirmed issues section. If anyone else does experience this issue then please do not hesitate to contact support and we will be more than happy to look into it for you. :)

DeletedUser1501

Any update on a fix? Keeps happening to me and I keep having to contact support which is very inconvenient. Thankfully, they've been replying within hours.

DeletedUser363

In Arendyll the Upgrade a workshop to level 11 or above never completes overnight, when I am logged out, yet in Winyandor it's the Upgrade a Residence to level 11 or above that never completes overnight, when I am logged out.

Thanks to support for completing them for me each time;)

DeletedUser1501

In Arendyll the Upgrade a workshop to level 11 or above never completes overnight, when I am logged out, yet in Winyandor it's the Upgrade a Residence to level 11 or above that never completes overnight, when I am logged out.

Thanks to support for completing them for me each time;)
This exact one just happened to me, in Winyandor too

DeletedUser9

Any update on a fix? Keeps happening to me and I keep having to contact support which is very inconvenient. Thankfully, they've been replying within hours.

Yes, we expect to have this bug resolved pretty soon actually. More info will come once we can confirm the fix, in one of our next game updates!