• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [8179] Displayed harvest time does not match ingame time

DeletedUser622

Game version: __ 0.30.2602-v0.30.2-(master) (2015-12-08 13:48)
Game world: __Arendyll
Browser + version: __Google Chrome Version 47.0.2526.80 m
Flash Player version: __Version 20.0.0.228
Operating System: __ Windows 7
Screen resolution: __ 1920 X 1200
Account name: __ Raistlin
Humans or Elves: __ Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Reproducibility: __5/5 = happens always

Current situation:
I hold the mouse over a production building to watch the time before I can harvest. I can see the time counting down until it finishes and the harvest icon appears above the building. I then click on the building to harvest it which displays as though I have harvested but in fact the timer has reset and I now find I have longer to wait until I can harvest. What is displayed on screen does not match the actual game time. It appears that the client application runs independently from the server and until there is some user interaction, the two are not synchronised.
This problem also occurs when applying knowledge points that have just become available or building troops in a newly available slot. In both these cases though, if I don't allow enough time for the slot or the knowledge point to become available, it will cause an error and the game has to restart.

Expected situation:
The display should match the ingame timing.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Leave Google Chrome running for 3 hours when you set up a 3 hour harvest time.
2. When it's close to the time when you have to harvest, mouse over the workshop or goods manufactory and watch the timer count down.
3. When the timer reaches zero and the harvest icon appears, click on the icon the harvest the building.
4. Hover the mouse over the building again and you will see that the timer has been reset and that in fact you have not harvested at all. You will have to wait another minute or so before the actual game harvest time completes.

DeletedUser815

Hi Raistlin,

Thank you for reporting your issue here :)

I would like you to turn your hardware acceleration OFF and clear the cache on your browser. Then play for 3 hours again and see if you still have the same issue. Let me know of your results please?

DeletedUser

I can confirm this issue from past experience too. As I'm also using chrome I'll see if I notice it occurring again as well during the next production cycle with HA off.

DeletedUser622

Hi Avatrix,

I left the game running all day today with HA switched off. I tested the timing on the application of knowledge points to research items. As soon as the knowledge point became available I opened the research item and applied the knowledge points. The correct number of knowledge points were displayed but when I applied them it caused an error and the game had to restart. Once it had restarted the display showed that the knowledge point still had 8.14 minutes to go before I could apply it. Add to that the time it took to restart the game and that is how far out the client-side timing can get from the actual server time in the game.

DeletedUser815

Thank you Raistlin,

Your answer suggest that this issue is unrelated to the HA. We will attempt to duplicate it. If anyone else experiences the same issue then please reply here with your system specifications as per the template here(click).

DeletedUser815

Hello Everyone,

We have been able to reproduce this bug but under different circumstances. If anyone gets this issue under the same circumstance as @Raistlin did, then please be so kind as to let me know here in this thread with as much detail as you can provide :) and with the exact reproduction steps if possible

Your assistance will be appreciated :)